This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EB Games sold me an empty jacket

#21UniversquallPosted 11/23/2012 2:53:04 AM
the_plaszma_cat posted...
Having worked at EB Games, this is not a big issue. Take it back and tell them what happened.

Hell it even happened to me when I bought a game the other week, I noticed in store though, because I always put my receipt in the case.

All you lose here are time, and whoever rang up the sale will get a bit of a laugh at for being a muppet for forgetting to put the disc in the case.

All workers aren't like you. I was trying to rip them off like a criminal apparently.
---
After the Fallout
#22Thermador446Posted 11/23/2012 3:10:40 AM
SUCKA
---
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"
#23the_plaszma_catPosted 11/23/2012 3:24:01 AM
Universquall posted...
Having worked at EB Games, this is not a big issue. Take it back and tell them what happened.

Hell it even happened to me when I bought a game the other week, I noticed in store though, because I always put my receipt in the case.

All you lose here are time, and whoever rang up the sale will get a bit of a laugh at for being a muppet for forgetting to put the disc in the case.

All workers aren't like you. I was trying to rip them off like a criminal apparently.

The thing is, the search engine of the EB computers has a quantity figure, so they could very easily check the number of discs onhand to the number they are meant to have, and if you have a receipt from the day before there's very good proof you aren't lying.
---
And that's the end of that chapter. Sinreaver20 Is a high order gentleman
#24UniversquallPosted 11/23/2012 3:34:50 AM
The thing is, the search engine of the EB computers has a quantity figure, so they could very easily check the number of discs onhand to the number they are meant to have, and if you have a receipt from the day before there's very good proof you aren't lying.

At the EB I went to they weren't convinced. They'd put the wrong game in the franchise in the cover. A game that was the same price as the game I'd purchased. At least it was only once.
---
After the Fallout
#25You_Need_A_LifePosted 11/23/2012 5:53:41 AM
Back when EB Games was still "Electronics Boutique," I bought Super Mario World on SNES and the box was empty.
#26monkeypahngPosted 11/23/2012 5:59:44 AM
Strange, with preowned games don't they normally store all the discs and manuals in a cupboard and separate from the case, so for when you do bring the case up to the till and buy the game you would see them put the manuals and stuff in the case before handing it to you?
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#27Spetsnaz420Posted 11/23/2012 6:04:18 AM
Hey TC if this is for real it is on tape...simply take it in. If they refuse to even review the tape call the police. It's the law and good customer service. This is an easily solved situation.
---
Life is far too short to live for the reactions of others. True happiness is found within...try looking there first.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#28IHeartMetroidPosted 11/23/2012 6:29:20 AM
Bear in mind that GameStop/EBGames is still doing the dishonest practice of taking used titles, sealing them up and labeling them as "new". They tried to do that to me with a copy of the Journey Collector's Edition a week or so ago.

If it ain't factory shrinkwrapped, it ain't new. Insist on getting one that is, no matter how much they insist that it's "just as good".
#29brainlackPosted 11/23/2012 6:34:33 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Hey TC if this is for real it is on tape...simply take it in. If they refuse to even review the tape call the police. It's the law and good customer service. This is an easily solved situation.

this his right call in police and accused the eb as customer decrepancy
---
because you like to read a sig in a sig so
I wrote a sig(inside a sig)for you to read - Brainlack
#30JoeyFNKPosted 11/23/2012 6:43:44 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Bear in mind that GameStop/EBGames is still doing the dishonest practice of taking used titles, sealing them up and labeling them as "new". They tried to do that to me with a copy of the Journey Collector's Edition a week or so ago.

If it ain't factory shrinkwrapped, it ain't new. Insist on getting one that is, no matter how much they insist that it's "just as good".

Bear in mind there is no financial incentive for them to sell a used game as new. If this happened as much as crybabies on GameFAQs claim, their financial reports would look a lot different than they do. Here is a hint, they make most of their money from real used game sales.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Transformers: War for Cybertron, Batman Arkham Asylum, Dynasty Warriors 7