This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having some sound issues.

#1RySenkari(Moderator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:26:12 PM
Fired up the PS3 today and all of a sudden EVERYTHING is at a way lower pitch. The opening violin sounds like a very low ominous noise, the clicks are a LOT lower, and all the voices in my games sound like a weird, gutteral bear growl.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? None of the settings changed, it just all of a sudden started having these weird audio issues.
---
Kid: She wrote a bad word!
Jade: I write what I feel.
#2Lord_TenseEyePosted 11/23/2012 4:21:30 PM
Not trying to start anything but just a few questions:

1) What sort of tv do you have and
2) What game were you playing when the issues started.
#3RySenkari(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 11/23/2012 4:30:03 PM
LG TV.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
---
Kid: She wrote a bad word!
Jade: I write what I feel.
#4Lord_TenseEyePosted 11/24/2012 8:12:44 AM
Ok that stomped out my theory completely. I was having issues with a sony bravia while playing black ops 2. Pretty sure it was just the tv though.

Are you updated to the latest firmware on your ps3? Do the sound problems exist while you watch tv or play another console too, or just when you play ps3?

Is the poor sound coming out of the tv's speakers? HDTVs generally have terrible speakers in my experience (at least the budget to moderately expensive ones).

You can try checking the tv's speaker settings, maybe someone tinkered with them. Or you can try connecting some external speakers or some headphones to see if the problem persists.