This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those who dislike Bioshock...

#1_Deadeye_CM_Posted 11/23/2012 10:10:19 PM
I'm just wondering, why? I know I wasn't at all interested in it, but got it the day I got my 360(the game had actually just come out). I didn't know what to expect, hadn't been into gaming for a while, so when I started playing the game, it was nothing like I could have imagined. I stopped playing after a few days because, admittedly, it was a bit difficult, being my first "survival" FPS.

Over a year later, after burning myself out of the popular Halo 3 and CoD4, I looked through my games and found Bioshock. I played it through twice, at different difficulties, and it was the deepest, most atmospheric gaming experience I had had in a long time. Needless to say, I got Bioshock 2 when it came out, and played through it multiple times as well.

I've been looking forward to Infinite since I finished Bioshock 2, and since it's only a few months away, I figured I'd ask you guys(whom I addressed in the title) what it is that you don't like.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#2howdyneighbor25Posted 11/23/2012 10:12:33 PM
terrible gimmick shooter. get rid of that junk magic system and maybe i would rate it higher then a 7.5
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#3NicodimusPosted 11/23/2012 10:13:42 PM
Because it's a watered-down, much easier version of System Shock 2, and lacks the cool setting that that game had.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#4Mutant1988Posted 11/23/2012 10:18:00 PM
It's a fantastic game, but I don't ever think I'll play it again.

Why? I don't know really... I think it's that the gameplay pace is just too slow, making it a lot less fun to play than it should be.

The main draw of the game was definitely the atmosphere, visual design and story, but I've already experienced those, so what else does the game have to offer?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#5PoorCountryPosted 11/23/2012 10:23:54 PM(edited)
I, too, disliked the magic. Didn't add to the atmosphere. It went with the setting, but it felt like stupid magic. I didn't feel like it represented a theme, or anything about my character -- didn't feel a connection to it. I just leveled up and got to shoot poop from my hands. It takes me right out of the mood.
#6ElBorak77Posted 11/23/2012 10:31:27 PM(edited)
maybe that's because it's not magic and it's one of the best shooters ever made.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#7PoorCountryPosted 11/23/2012 10:24:54 PM
ElBorak77 posted...
maybe that's because it's not magic. and it's one of the best shooters ever made.

It felt like stupid magic.
#8FiendingHardPosted 11/23/2012 10:38:54 PM
I don't DISLIKE Bioshock, I just think its ridiculously overrated. The artstyle and atmosphere was good... that's about it.

Still a pretty good but not exactly one of the best games of this gen like people claim.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9
#9Mutant1988Posted 11/23/2012 10:39:50 PM
ElBorak77 posted...
maybe that's because it's not magic and it's one of the best shooters ever made.

One of the most well realized gaming worlds and video game plots, not necessarily the best shooter.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#10AsucaHayashiPosted 11/23/2012 10:41:32 PM
tedious shooter that basically throws the same type of enemies your way 2-3 hours into the game as 20 hours into it but with more hp.

its main selling point was the creepy atmosphere and even that lost its appeal quickly once you got accustomed to the enemy types.

the only reason i completed it was to see the ending but i was already bored of the game halfway through and the hacking and backtracking only cemented the amount of tedium in the game.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?