This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Tri-Ace like to make Hard JRPGs?

#11LazyBroPosted 11/24/2012 5:33:23 AM
Because they know their fanbase. Man I loved VP2 and SO3.

1st reply nailed it.
---
Clearing up my backlog. PSN: DJay_Firenz
Dragon's Dogma, XCOM, Max Payne 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#12ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/24/2012 5:42:11 AM
thisranks posted...
Why do the regionally challenged like to post topics?

The answer to both the topic title and the above responding question is because they can. The difference is tri-Ace doesn't use the J in the game.

I wonder why that is ... could it be that unlike the regionally challenged folks they understand the gaming community?
#13gikosPosted 11/24/2012 5:42:34 AM
>Hard
>Jrpg

Pick one

both.also SMT just to name a few
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#14methosagainPosted 11/24/2012 6:07:26 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
bloodcoast posted...
Resonance of Fate isn't hard.

Are you sure? You know, I've always wanted to play this Tri-Ace game, but all I keep hearing is the steep learning curve, and how you will die a lot.

I'm currently playing one of their games, and it is extremely hard. If not extreme, it's definitely above average difficulty.

The learning curve is steep and it takes a while to come to complete grips with its mechanics, but once you have its not to bad
#15koenraad24Posted 11/24/2012 6:11:25 AM
they make easy ones as well, like radiata stories, that game was easy as pie but incredibly fun, my girlfriend actually did two run throughs as well :)
#16mogar002Posted 11/24/2012 6:16:45 AM
They don't, you just suck at them. The only thing tough about SO4 is the stupid lack of save points and how buggy the game is.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#17MadDewgPosted 11/24/2012 6:24:51 AM
MelficeSeph2 posted...
Because they know their fanbase. Man I loved VP2 and SO3.

This, damn it. **** after playing the crap out of star ocean 2, I actually look forward to the cave of trial dungeons...fun **** to me, especially with the battle system lol.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#18BambooPandamoPosted 11/24/2012 7:00:34 AM
Resonance of Fate is balls to the wall hard. You cannot afford a single mistake, every play has to be important, every button has a function, the combat is confusing as hell until it sinks in around 20 hours mark, and its really long.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/ChibiMrBubbles/
#19Still__RippinPosted 11/24/2012 7:05:06 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
bloodcoast posted...
Resonance of Fate isn't hard.

Are you sure? You know, I've always wanted to play this Tri-Ace game, but all I keep hearing is the steep learning curve, and how you will die a lot.

I'm currently playing one of their games, and it is extremely hard. If not extreme, it's definitely above average difficulty.

So...... you post that it's super hard even though you've never played it? You sound like you play all your games on easy mode, I bet none of these are even that hard. I have $100 for your one way ticket to Japan TC. So sick of these stupid topics.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#20Power TurtlePosted 11/24/2012 7:08:41 AM(edited)
I agree with RoF. Never played SO4. Well, i agree RoF is a headache and early on it can be cheap.. but only EARLY on.

But VP2 was easy, and what the hell do you mean 'anti grinding' or whatever? that game was all about grinding to get certain hard to get body parts and junk to sell for better equipment. Also, you can refight every boss to easily gain levels and the hydra boss is infamous for being a super early super level up location.

And then you mention SO3?! you just lost all cred with me as an RPGer if you think that game was hard! Only the post game dungeon bosses and the fact that if your mp goes to 0, you die.. thats ALL that is even remotely hard about that game! Even then, anything short of Ethereal Queen, Freya, and maybe Lenneth are not a challenge..

Maybe JRPGs just arent for you, bud.