This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do plane shifts make a game 3D? (example LBP)

#1jammiesPosted 11/24/2012 3:33:50 AM
______ - Results (18 votes)
Yes
5.56% (1 votes)
No
94.44% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#2killakPosted 11/24/2012 3:35:26 AM
No, it's just background/foreground movement.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil
#3StephieGamerPosted 11/24/2012 3:38:40 AM
Jammies gettin' jiggy with the trigonometry.
Nerd alert!
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#4jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 4:16:01 AM
killak posted...
No, it's just background/foreground movement.

I agree.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#5loseswithluigiPosted 11/24/2012 4:24:43 AM
Technically it's 3D but the gamplay is strictly 2D style.
#6jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 4:30:15 AM
loseswithluigi posted...
Technically it's 3D but the gamplay is strictly 2D style.

And a platformer is classified based on its gameplay mechanic, not its visual style. Well, except for the dorks trying to push the stupid term "2.5D".
---
Groucho Marx
#7killakPosted 11/24/2012 5:34:01 AM
And a platformer is classified based on its gameplay mechanic, not its visual style. Well, except for the dorks trying to push the stupid term "2.5D".

Don't get me started on that 2.5D nonsense. Throw it in with 4D while we're at it.

man, did you know the Commodore 64 has a game called 4D Boxing? It's a freakin' overhead view and looks like 2 u-nails with baubles fighting each other.

The hell is 4D about that!!!!
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#8jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 5:53:02 AM
killak posted...

Don't get me started on that 2.5D nonsense. Throw it in with 4D while we're at it.

man, did you know the Commodore 64 has a game called 4D Boxing? It's a freakin' overhead view and looks like 2 u-nails with baubles fighting each other.

The hell is 4D about that!!!!

The character "D" was the glove, and there were 4 of them?
---
Groucho Marx
#9RioichiCooperPosted 11/24/2012 5:58:31 AM
StephieGamer posted...
Jammies gettin' jiggy with the trigonometry.
Nerd alert!

I hate to break it to you but this isn't trigonometry.
---
Proud supporter of Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino.
Mass Effect. Is. An. RPG.
#10killakPosted 11/24/2012 6:00:58 AM
Ah... tricky.

I'll mill that over. I've got a bunch of people to knife in Hitman right now

Yes, that's important
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo