This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gah... Sony Customer Service

#11riddlebox89Posted 11/25/2012 1:33:26 PM
suprsolider posted...
So did I. I bought it new about 2 months ago for $5 in the Walmart bins (already had the STEAM version on a steam sale back in May).

It gives me a code and you download the game from PSN but to access it you have to use the game disc to access it.
It's like Dead Space Extraction that came with Dead Space 2 when it was released, I had to download it but can't access it without the game disc.

You just gave two completely different arguments -.- in one, its not on the psn store but the code is an online pass, in the other it is on the store, so make up your mind.

Besides, your "the code is an online pass type thing, all the data for AMA is on the disc" is bulls***, since when has an online pass had a file size that goes up to 945mb?

Not to mention the dozen or so topics on the AMR boards with people saying they baught AMA on the psn store but couldnt play it, now in order to buy something on the psn store, it has to be on there first right?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12AwayFromHerePosted 11/25/2012 1:36:59 PM
Why exactly are you talking to Sony?

They didn't put the deal together, they didn't develop the game, they didn't publish it.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#13Ochd12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 2:06:53 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Why exactly are you talking to Sony?

They didn't put the deal together, they didn't develop the game, they didn't publish it.

It's their store. Who else would you talk to about problems with PSN?
#14RollingCradlePosted 11/25/2012 2:16:00 PM
Take comfort in knowing that the AMA port is not quite up to snuff.
#15suprsoliderPosted 11/26/2012 1:02:49 PM
You just gave two completely different arguments -.- in one, its not on the psn store but the code is an online pass, in the other it is on the store, so make up your mind.

Besides, your "the code is an online pass type thing, all the data for AMA is on the disc" is bulls***, since when has an online pass had a file size that goes up to 945mb?

Not to mention the dozen or so topics on the AMR boards with people saying they baught AMA on the psn store but couldnt play it, now in order to buy something on the psn store, it has to be on there first right?
---

Ugh, why do I have to deal with stupid people?
What part didn't you get, you don't buy it on PSN. In with the disc you get a online pass to download the game, it is in the installation folder like other games that INSTALL TO YOUR HARD DRIVE.
To play the game you put in your Alice Madness Returns disc and access it from there. Most of the data for the god damn game is ON THE DISC.
Like Dead Space Extraction that came with Dead Space 2, you NEED THE DISC TO ACCESS THE DATA, otherwise it WON'T LET YOU.
Is that so hard to understand? Did you fail school or something? What part can't you comprehend. You NEED TO ACCESS THE ORIGINAL ALICE FROM THE ALICE MADNESS RETURNS DISC. Plain and Simple.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#16Ochd12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:08:39 PM
suprsolider posted...

Ugh, why do I have to deal with stupid people?
What part didn't you get, you don't buy it on PSN. In with the disc you get a online pass to download the game, it is in the installation folder like other games that INSTALL TO YOUR HARD DRIVE.
To play the game you put in your Alice Madness Returns disc and access it from there. Most of the data for the god damn game is ON THE DISC.
Like Dead Space Extraction that came with Dead Space 2, you NEED THE DISC TO ACCESS THE DATA, otherwise it WON'T LET YOU.
Is that so hard to understand? Did you fail school or something? What part can't you comprehend. You NEED TO ACCESS THE ORIGINAL ALICE FROM THE ALICE MADNESS RETURNS DISC. Plain and Simple.

From everything I've heard, this isn't true anymore. It's on PSN, it's available to purchase through PSN, and there are people who have bought the digital version (ie. no disc), and are able to buy and use AMA with it.
#17Ochd12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:34:30 PM
Just got an email from Sony where they (finally) recognize this is an issue and they're currently "finding a solution".
#18suprsoliderPosted 11/27/2012 2:09:10 AM
From everything I've heard, this isn't true anymore. It's on PSN, it's available to purchase through PSN, and there are people who have bought the digital version (ie. no disc), and are able to buy and use AMA with it.
--

Ok, I will admit this mistake.

But that is not what he is talking about. He bought the Alice Madness Returns disc and used the code to get first game. To ACCESS THAT GAME HE MUST ACCESS FROM THE DISC. It's right on the main menu, last selection.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#19riddlebox89Posted 11/29/2012 6:50:59 AM
I find it funny how you talk as if you know exactly what I'm talking about when you habe no idea at all, nor do you seem to be able to comprehend it.

What I've been saying is that you are wrong about the AMA data being on the disc, if it was then the file size wouldn't be over 900mb

And you are also wrong about it not being on the PSN store, hell a simple five minute visit to the AMR boards will show you more than a few topics where people bought AMA without owning AMR, now in order to buy something there, it would have to actually be on there!

The same thing goes for downloading it off the store, in order to download something like an online pass or Extraction that you keep mentioning as if it's some end all argument, it has to be on the store.

None of anything I've said had anything to do with how AMA is accessed, if you had actually passed your kindergarten entrance exam on the first try you'd have known that.

Now get off your high horse and stop acting like you're a genius.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.