This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Backing up my Ps3 -- an outrageous, lunacy, pandemonium amount of time left

#1SophisticationPosted 11/24/2012 6:53:41 PM
39 hours and 31 min... Sure I have 430gb of a 1tb hdd used up with all of my digitally bought games I cherish and love so much -- but this is lunacy of the highest order. If I were to do this same workload on my Pc, it'd be done in under an hour.

Sony needs to work this out for next gen. I'm not sure if it's the fat 32 format or what, but this needs to go... I wish, on Ps4, Sony would allow us to use external drives to play our games off of and back our games up to... Maybe encrypt them with a Ps4 code that the drive can only be read using it or something... I dunno... Or maybe let us save our backup file to the cloud during these times.

This is pandemonium, folks...
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#2fallenswordsPosted 11/24/2012 6:56:54 PM
you could just redownload everything...
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:01:18 PM
fallenswords posted...
you could just redownload everything...

hahahahah, yeah, sure... With the way Sony handles their download list? Please... That thing is so un-sophistocated it's not even funny. I have over 1400 downloads, and of course, since Sony likes to toss everything into one long list of needless junk (like demo's) you have to weed through and find everything, DLC, Avatars, Themes, Games, minis, Psone, you name it... It's dreadful at best.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#4Battleship_GrayPosted 11/24/2012 7:03:00 PM
You don't seem to quite know how to properly use the words in the topic title.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:03:54 PM
Battleship_Gray posted...
You don't seem to quite know how to properly use the words in the topic title.

I think it gets the job done just fine...
---
#6servb0tsPosted 11/24/2012 7:06:01 PM
its faster if you download it while sleeping.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:08:18 PM
servb0ts posted...
its faster if you download it while sleeping.

Yes, but 39 hours? C'mon... that's nearly 2 days. Then, factor in the restore process... The Ps3 is going to be on for another 2 days after this whole process gets done. It's pandemonium, guys. Absolute pandemonium.
---
#8CrimsonGear80Posted 11/24/2012 7:08:50 PM
Damn, I would have hoped it could have taken longer for you. Then a freak lighting bolt would have taken out the power line in your neighborhood that supplies your internet connection.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:11:13 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Damn, I would have hoped it could have taken longer for you. Then a freak lighting bolt would have taken out the power line in your neighborhood that supplies your internet connection.

Ha~ that's still a possibility -- It's stormy overhead and the winds are high. Probably all that cloud seeding those idiots are doing every day.
---
#10bigdeezPosted 11/24/2012 7:13:52 PM
Its pandemonium in the ring.......sorry i had to ........sorry