This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you always been a Sony gamer?

#11Kage_AM2Posted 11/24/2012 9:27:06 PM(edited)
I bought a used playstation back in about 2001or something and then a new Playstation 2 somewhere around 2003 or 2004. The N64 was cool but the PS1 just had so many more games. Before that I had an Nes and Fat red Gameboy, but I was too poor to get anything else. I still played the Snes and Genesis at friends houses.
#12redhawtPosted 11/24/2012 9:33:07 PM
i have been strictly sony since the ps1 but i have recently had problems with sony and their customer service or lack there of

i have owned 3 ps3s................not because they burned out but because i game alot and i had the old fat 80 gig then i upgraded to a slim 250 gb then i last month bought a super slim 500 gb

now my problem with sony that made me say screw them and now am looking to trade my ps3 for a dare i say 360 is cause they screwed me out of the free 20 when you spent 100 on the psn and when i bought my super slim you guys know the bundle that comes with a year of psn i the paper booklet it comes with in the box....................i went to input that then it wouldent work and they said there is nothing they can do

i have went back and forth for over 2 weeks and the last phone call i gave them i got told look i will call you on Wednesday as to my reply was so that will make this 3 weeks without getting help

so my verdict is this i loved sony from ps1 to ps3 but now with this i am so pissed i am switching to something else
---
psn id domtoretto1
#13toadiemanPosted 11/24/2012 9:34:33 PM
No, I started when nintendo did.
---
PSN: toadieman
#14crazyman32Posted 11/24/2012 9:37:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15LazyBroPosted 11/24/2012 9:38:32 PM
Nintendo at the start with the NES... too young to remember which Atari games I played or even played/liked.
Neutral during the 16-bit wars loved both SNES and Genesis.
Jumped ship to the PS1 since Sega screwed up big time with the Saturn.
As much as I loved the PS2 I also hate it since it sent the Dreamcast to an early grave.
---
Clearing up my backlog. PSN: DJay_Firenz
Dragon's Dogma, XCOM, Max Payne 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#16jammiesPosted 11/24/2012 9:41:18 PM
No, other.
Been in gaming since the Atari C-380. I do appreciate Sony's contribution a lot though.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#17md22mdrxPosted 11/24/2012 9:42:47 PM
Lol. I started in the 80's so no.

My first was a SMS and I had a MAC back then ... so I was an EXTREME minority. lol
#18IHeartMetroidPosted 11/24/2012 9:43:04 PM
You know what the funniest thing is?

A lot of people don't realize...

If you were a Super Nintendo gamer... you were a Sony gamer!

One of the most influential, important parts of the Super Nintendo came as a result of a secret project that Ken Kutaragi had undertaken. Seriously, that SPC700 sound chip has a really fantastic story behind it (look it up if you have time). But that sound processing system is the reason why Secret of Mana has its haunting woodwinds... it's why FFVI opens with a dramatic organ solo. Think about every memorable tune you ever heard from the Super NES, and you have Sony to thank for it.

I think a lot of people are so caught up in the "wars" aspect of game consoles that they don't realize that these are businesses we're talking about, not nations. They think in such static terms, they do... "Sony" gamer. "Nintendo" gamer. As if we have to be one or another.
#19RotuhiiriPosted 11/24/2012 9:45:03 PM
I have been there from the start even if I didn't buy the family PS1 personally. I've also always been a Sega and Nintendo gamer.
---
The only game the PSP and Vita needs in America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-glxPmxMDY
#20NicodimusPosted 11/24/2012 9:45:13 PM
Always been? Well, they've only had a console for 17 years, and I've been gaming for 35 years, so...no.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)