This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Indie games, the worst thing that happened to the industry?

#1AnthonM2Posted 11/24/2012 9:00:48 PM
Indie games, the worst thing that happened to the industry? - Results (262 votes)
Yes
20.99% (55 votes)
No
79.01% (207 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic
#2TheMuffinPosted 11/24/2012 9:02:44 PM
Are you delusional?
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#3true_gamer80Posted 11/24/2012 9:06:41 PM(edited)
no at all. I do think this indie craze has become ridiculous though when subpar games are getting all this amazing praise. There are some great indie games out there but imo not nearly enough. I find most to be lacking bigtime in the gameplay dep. To be fair they are priced cheaper but still to much praise for alot of subpar games.

I also find it funny with all the complaints, oh and theres so so many around here with other games but anyone notice when it comes to the indie scene all these complaints we see on other games every single day are completely and utterly nonexitant when it comes to the indie scene, simply cause indie games are the "in" thing at and ppl never seem(reviewers included) to apply all and most complaints with other games on the indie scene....its become silly
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#4servb0tsPosted 11/24/2012 9:05:26 PM
Hell No, more like the best thing least Indie like creating new games, instead of rehashing PS2 HD collections, and copy old Nintendo type games.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#5AnthonM2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 9:06:33 PM
TheMuffin posted...
Are you delusional?

No I'm not, half talented devs filling the market with their garbage and making us waste our money on it.
#6NicodimusPosted 11/24/2012 9:07:10 PM
Are you kidding? Off the top of my head, I can think of several things that are worse:

-Shady DLC practices
-Online gaming
-Enchanted Arms
-PSN getting hacked
-RROD/YLOD
-Enchanted Arms
-Invasive DRM (Diablo 3)
-Not enough new IPs; too many sequels
-Nintendo since 1995
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#7jammiesPosted 11/24/2012 9:07:45 PM
Worst? Is this Opposite Day?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#8true_gamer80Posted 11/24/2012 9:08:50 PM(edited)
AnthonM2 posted...
TheMuffin posted...
Are you delusional?

No I'm not, half talented devs filling the market with their garbage and making us waste our money on it.

while thats pretty harsh in a way this is actually true, most indie games are utter poop and again ppl dont seem to apply so many complaints we see everyday to the indie scene....why is that....so much hate and complaints with every single aspect of games but never never with the indie scene....pretty odd lol
---
#9TheMuffinPosted 11/24/2012 9:09:31 PM
AnthonM2 posted...
TheMuffin posted...
Are you delusional?

How exactly are they "making" you waste your money on them? is there a gun being held your head forcing you to purchase them?
---
Reel_Big_Mike~ That's like asking if you want to drink regular bleach or color safe bleach. Either way, you're gonna have a bad time.
#10true_gamer80Posted 11/24/2012 9:10:55 PM
TheMuffin posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
TheMuffin posted...
Are you delusional?

How exactly are they "making" you waste your money on them? is there a gun being held your head forcing you to purchase them?

that part is just silly I agree....nobody is making anyone waste their money, there are also some great indie games aswell...they are just buried around poop
---