This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Indie games, the worst thing that happened to the industry?

#61killakPosted 11/25/2012 4:59:14 AM
Also, my young English class student, the use of the word 'worst' in the question, is an extreme.

So if it's somewhat bad for the industry, it's not the worst, therefore the answer is NO.

Any of this sinking in yet?
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#62NicodimusPosted 11/25/2012 8:09:36 AM
Nicodimus posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Are you kidding? Off the top of my head, I can think of several things that are worse:

-Shady DLC practices
-Online gaming
-Enchanted Arms
-PSN getting hacked
-RROD/YLOD
-Enchanted Arms
-Invasive DRM (Diablo 3)
-Not enough new IPs; too many sequels
-Nintendo since 1995

Enchanted Arms wasn't that bad.

I can't think of a worse game unless I go back to Barkley's Shut Up and Jam on the Sega Genesis. Not kidding.

Enchanted Arms wasn't the worst jRPG on PS3

have you ever play Hyperdimension Neptunia, Last Rebellion, Cross Edge, Ar tonelico Qoga?

Never heard of them. I guess I should clarify...Enchanted Arms was the worst game I have personally played since Barkley's Shut Up and Jam. There certainly may be worse games out there that I have never played, because I do not seek out games I think will suck.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#63AnthonM2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:13:40 AM
Nicodimus posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Are you kidding? Off the top of my head, I can think of several things that are worse:

-Shady DLC practices
-Online gaming
-Enchanted Arms
-PSN getting hacked
-RROD/YLOD
-Enchanted Arms
-Invasive DRM (Diablo 3)
-Not enough new IPs; too many sequels
-Nintendo since 1995

Enchanted Arms wasn't that bad.

I can't think of a worse game unless I go back to Barkley's Shut Up and Jam on the Sega Genesis. Not kidding.

Enchanted Arms wasn't the worst jRPG on PS3

have you ever play Hyperdimension Neptunia, Last Rebellion, Cross Edge, Ar tonelico Qoga?

Never heard of them. I guess I should clarify...Enchanted Arms was the worst game I have personally played since Barkley's Shut Up and Jam. There certainly may be worse games out there that I have never played, because I do not seek out games I think will suck.

I don't think it's worse than Lost Planet.
#64YojimboohPosted 11/25/2012 8:19:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65LockDeltzPosted 11/25/2012 8:47:41 AM(edited)
AnthonM2 posted...
I forgot to add "One of the worst things" option, the stupidness of indie games affected me.

You shouldn't create a topic if you don't know what you are talking about, it makes you look like a moron. Indie games is a plus for gaming, if you don't like their games, don't buy it. Stick to all the mainstream games with the drm and dlc content. You don't realize that many publishers are abusing copyright law which is why they put the drm on their video games. You don't realize that all the major manufacturers (Sony, MS, Nintendo) are trying to control to uses consoles to prevent "piracy" when all they do is restrict the user on what they can do with their console.

There is a reason why indy games are very popular on the PC, because there is more freedom and is more cheap to develop for (ie they avoid licensing fees). You have no idea how the market works. You are a moron and a troll for creating this topic.
---
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
#66GrabacrLeaderPosted 11/25/2012 8:43:40 AM
My answer is "no" to all these asinine topics. No, FPS, JRPGs, western games, japanese games, indie games aren't the worst thing ever.
#67AnthonM2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:37:14 PM
LockDeltz posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
I forgot to add "One of the worst things" option, the stupidness of indie games affected me.

You shouldn't create a topic if you don't know what you are talking about, it makes you look like a moron. Indie games is a plus for gaming, if you don't like their games, don't buy it. Stick to all the mainstream games with the drm and dlc content. You don't realize that many publishers are abusing copyright law which is why they put the drm on their video games. You don't realize that all the major manufacturers (Sony, MS, Nintendo) are trying to control to uses consoles to prevent "piracy" when all they do is restrict the user on what they can do with their console.

There is a reason why indy games are very popular on the PC, because there is more freedom and is more cheap to develop for (ie they avoid licensing fees). You have no idea how the market works. You are a moron and a troll for creating this topic.

I know what I'm talking about, indie games should be renamed to garbage games, I hope next generation indie devs will not be allowed to work on consoles, they can release their garbage on PC.

But who am i kidding, this poll shows that people now have low taste, exactly what I thought, if Justin Bieber can be popular so why not Indie games.
#68mogar002Posted 11/25/2012 1:39:33 PM
Indie games are glorified flash games.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#69hockeybub89Posted 11/25/2012 1:42:01 PM
So indie games are bad because there are crappy ones? There are crappy "mainstream" games as well. Both indie and mainstream games have good and bad titles. "Some games suck" isn't exactly a valid argument as to why an entire segment of the gaming industry should disappear from the earth.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#70AnthonM2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:45:18 PM
hockeybub89 posted...
So indie games are bad because there are crappy ones? There are crappy "mainstream" games as well. Both indie and mainstream games have good and bad titles. "Some games suck" isn't exactly a valid argument as to why an entire segment of the gaming industry should disappear from the earth.

My opinion is that all indie games suck including your beloved Angry Birds.