This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#131hijokaidenPosted 11/25/2012 5:55:53 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Dragoon of Infinity posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
hijokaiden posted...

This thread is all about weeaboos crying about this fact.

This thread is about you confessing your manly love of Muscle March

I mean really though... can you blame him?

He probably thinks they're so kawaii! He's such a weeaboo....

Cry moar weeaboo, go play GOTYs developped by westerners and enjoy some fun time instead of getting depressed over the fact there aint no japanese games for you to play until Atelier Aysha gets localized.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#132hijokaidenPosted 11/25/2012 5:58:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#133methosagainPosted 11/25/2012 6:09:40 AM
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/129583/Opinion_How_Mass_Effect_challenged_my_definition_of_RPG.php#.ULIlz4f7JCQ
#134thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/25/2012 6:12:57 AM
BlackMetalisWar posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Haha, nice joke.

The bigger joke is you trying to come across as this 'Merican **** yeah dudebro fratcore anti-Japanese gamer calling other people 'weeaboos' meanwhile your username is Japanese buwahahaha

You are the same thing except on other side of the spectrum, so...

Yep.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
Need help with account deletion - experts feel free to msg me assistance
#135Bleach313Posted 11/25/2012 6:33:03 AM
I don't believe it's the western industry in general, I believe it's just certain games in general.

Call of Duty
Gears of War
Battlefield
The Elder Scrolls

Japan is really eating up this crap when making games just to appeal to people. You want to know how many times I've seen an article that said "(insert game) the developer wants to make more western, takes inspiration from (insert western game)." Some examples I can think of when I say this are

Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma

I'm not sure if these count because most is Capcom and I'm not sure if they're developed by America, anyways but you can notice the change. All of these games have stated in their latest games that they wanted to westernize their game. All of them... weren't that good of a result.

All I know is if the game industry only makes FPS games. I'm 100% done with video games. I've been gaming fo 13 years and wouldn't mind dropping it if the only games I see are FPS.
#136SanguinariusPosted 11/25/2012 6:38:51 AM
Aside from Wizardry it's pretty easy to say that Westerners pretty much developed the modern RPG architecture. A lot of the comments here come across as gamers with malformed vision about what a genre truely consists of, and are harping on their own favorite genre subculture rather than the umbrella that we've all come to know. Personally the design philosophy of western RPGs looks back to the old 80s style of RPGs wherein you are moving towards true freedom and the ability to just do what ever you want, rather than follow a linear story aimed at teenage boys. Regardless, I like all flavors of RPGs, its just a shame to see people specifically hating on western developers without more than an angst filled argument.
---
Gamer Tag: AL398
#137majin nemesisPosted 11/25/2012 6:44:45 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Haha, nice joke.

The bigger joke is you trying to come across as this 'Merican **** yeah dudebro fratcore anti-Japanese gamer calling other people 'weeaboos' meanwhile your username is Japanese buwahahaha

Fact is, Japs are barely making any games and the small amount they have been releasing are low budget crap like Onechanbara who doesnt even sell anymore in japan and other junk like Mugen Souls that only attract niche weeaboos with their onechanbakadesumoe, while western games are rising tremendous heights of sucess.

This thread is all about weeaboos crying about this fact.

read this topic
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64734929

and this link

http://oi47.tinypic.com/anm2vt.jpg

now you were saying?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#138JtrunksPosted 11/25/2012 6:45:56 AM
I don't believe it's the western industry in general, I believe it's just certain games in general.

Call of Duty
Gears of War
Battlefield
The Elder Scrolls

Japan is really eating up this crap when making games just to appeal to people. You want to know how many times I've seen an article that said "(insert game) the developer wants to make more western, takes inspiration from (insert western game)." Some examples I can think of when I say this are

Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Dragon's Dogma

I'm not sure if these count because most is Capcom and I'm not sure if they're developed by America, anyways but you can notice the change. All of these games have stated in their latest games that they wanted to westernize their game. All of them... weren't that good of a result.

All I know is if the game industry only makes FPS games. I'm 100% done with video games. I've been gaming fo 13 years and wouldn't mind dropping it if the only games I see are FPS.

It actually started when SF4 vanilla came out and they showed how Ryu/Ken looked like cave men. I mean, comeone, they don't even look japanese... they look like Arnold Schwarzenegger! Actually, everyone on the roster looks like they have been steroid injected.
---
Part of the Official Gamefaqs Troll Rating Association. (OGTR) *picks up pen and paper*
#139Infinity_DragonPosted 11/25/2012 6:49:39 AM(edited)
Jtrunks posted...

It actually started when SF4 vanilla came out and they showed how Ryu/Ken looked like cave men. I mean, comeone, they don't even look japanese... they look like Arnold Schwarzenegger! Actually, everyone on the roster looks like they have been steroid injected.

But...But Ken ISN'T Japanese.

Edit: Ok, ok, he's part Japanese. Fair enough.
---
Praise the sun!
#140fallenswordsPosted 11/25/2012 6:52:29 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Benzychenz posted...
toastedmuffin89 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Current Topic: "Publishers & Developers are ruining the gaming industry"

^^Fixed

You forgot to say it's western developers and publishers.

The only good thing that ever came from western gaming was halo and WOW, Diablo. and Doom.

And Crash, Spyro, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Metroid Prime, inFamous, Uncharted, BioShock, Portal, LittleBigPlanet etc etc etc

Donkey Kong Country and Banjo Kazooie are not Western... those are some great games, though.

they were developed by Rareware... Rare is a western developer....
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/