This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#21bigali3nPosted 11/25/2012 1:21:09 AM
nintendogamer13 posted...
I hated mass effect. Do people seriously like their rpg's to play like half baked third person shooters?

Just as much as people like them to play like half baked hack n slashers. Either one beats menu selectors though. Those are terrible.
---
911 was an outside job.
http://www.debunking911.com/
#22Kingmichael1337Posted 11/25/2012 1:23:21 AM
games are pretty much terrible if the combat doesn't involve people taking turns hitting each other. realistic combat is for barbarian gaijin americans desu
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#23suprsoliderPosted 11/25/2012 1:28:38 AM
Casual Gamers are ruining the game industry.

They are the idiots who keep buying every Madden, NHL, Call of Duty and so forth.
It's because of them gaming is getting ruined.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#24IHeartMetroidPosted 11/25/2012 1:28:45 AM
Looking at those pictures...

The "ambassador" games in that one picture... Call of Duty, Spy Hunter and SH Book of memories...

God, what a selection of dog crap.

If that's what gaming is turning into then I need to find a new hobby.
#25FiendingHardPosted 11/25/2012 1:28:57 AM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Seriously. Now people call mass effect and borderlands a rpg.

Soon those same people will be calling COD a RPG because they can level up their guns and character and role play.

Such a joke.

Well Diablo was called an RPG over 10 years ago and that's just a point n click game according to your logic.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9
#26Sevi_neyPosted 11/25/2012 1:34:44 AM
Metal Gear Revengeance features a cyborg ninja swordfighting with a giant robot.

To deny that this example is completely contributed by eastern culture is madness.
---
On Radar: Far Cry 3, GTA V, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Tomb Raider, the Last of Us
#27IHeartMetroidPosted 11/25/2012 1:36:31 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
Metal Gear Revengeance features a cyborg ninja swordfighting with a giant robot.

To deny that this example is completely contributed by eastern culture is madness.

I think people were talking more along the lines of Gameplay, not so much storyline-wise.
#28darkness1018Posted 11/25/2012 1:45:35 AM
Both Jap and NA make great games. Cant we just enjoy them all? The only reason i even learned Japanese was to play RPGs and even when i move to Japan i will import western games. And for the record, Mass Effect (especially ME1) are great games.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#29dedrick123Posted 11/25/2012 1:45:56 AM
suprsolider posted...
Casual Gamers are ruining the game industry.

They are the idiots who keep buying every Madden, NHL, Call of Duty and so forth.
It's because of them gaming is getting ruined.

So, what do you recommend them to buy? Some crappy ,fake, people with long name, dudes look like girls, emo, niche ,roll playing game that was made in japan?
#30Sevi_neyPosted 11/25/2012 1:47:47 AM
Mass Effect is also highly overrated. See there, I'm not bias. lol
---
On Radar: Far Cry 3, GTA V, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Tomb Raider, the Last of Us