This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#31IHeartMetroidPosted 11/25/2012 1:52:14 AM
dedrick123 posted...
suprsolider posted...
Casual Gamers are ruining the game industry.

They are the idiots who keep buying every Madden, NHL, Call of Duty and so forth.
It's because of them gaming is getting ruined.

So, what do you recommend them to buy? Some crappy ,fake, people with long name, dudes look like girls, emo, niche ,roll playing game that was made in japan?

I honestly think most gamers wouldn't care what those people bought as long as the companies stopped trying to make every damned game like that.

Seriously, let COD be COD. We don't want COD shoved into every Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy or Metroid that comes down the river, yeah?

See why gamers are getting frustrated?
#32AcquirePosted 11/25/2012 2:06:05 AM
Publishers and developers are making games to fit the market. The market has changed. Gaming went mainstream this generation. Video games are a profit driven industry so they have to make games accessible to these massive influx of new gamers. You can't really blame series like CoD and such because those types of games have always existed. They're just more of them now because there's a much bigger market for games in general now.

Hell I would blame Nintendo more than anything. They are a video game only company that used to stand for core gaming. Now their whole attitude towards gaming revolves mostly around casual gaming. The Wii, DS, 3DS, and now Wii U are just stages in the massive flood gate that they opened for casual gamers. They willingly changed the market. Nintendo has always been revolutionary though, they didn't bother to adapt to the existing market, they flooded it with their own market.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#33killakPosted 11/25/2012 2:11:26 AM
Entitled, whiny gamers are ruining the industry.

Gamers that think they should be given what they deem acceptable, are ruining the industry

People unable to simple walk away from something they don't want or like, are ruining the industry.

Unlike entitled, whiny gamers, Western devs actually release games for us to play and not trolling BS for us to read
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#34IHeartMetroidPosted 11/25/2012 2:16:09 AM
killak posted...
Entitled, whiny gamers are ruining the industry.
Gamers that think they should be given what they deem acceptable, are ruining the industry
People unable to simple walk away from something they don't want or like, are ruining the industry.
Unlike entitled, whiny gamers, Western devs actually release games for us to play and not trolling BS for us to read

Yes, how dare people actually expect that companies might want to make something they would like to buy!

The nerve!
#35AXKSIONPosted 11/25/2012 2:19:53 AM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Seriously. Now people call mass effect and borderlands a rpg.

Soon those same people will be calling COD a RPG because they can level up their guns and character and role play.

Such a joke.

But in Clone of Duty you play as a gun and level yourself up though, so how does that not count as RPG?
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#36YamiJonzPosted 11/25/2012 2:33:04 AM
You people need to open your eyes. The golden days of ps1and 2 are over. The vast majority of japanese game are trash now. They have become forgetable and uninspired, relying way too heavily on anime styling and cover art, offering little to no substance at all. And that is because they fail to grow with time and technology.
---
Need dat Vesperia
#37XeN0Cid3Posted 11/25/2012 2:39:53 AM
no... japamese developers have failed much harder. just think of every capcom and SE game this entire generation. not one worth a damn
---
SC2:http://www.youtube.com/genogaming
#38Large_TonberryPosted 11/25/2012 2:54:57 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Benzychenz posted...
toastedmuffin89 posted...
servb0ts posted...
Current Topic: "Publishers & Developers are ruining the gaming industry"

^^Fixed

You forgot to say it's western developers and publishers.

The only good thing that ever came from western gaming was halo and WOW, Diablo. and Doom.

And Crash, Spyro, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Metroid Prime, inFamous, Uncharted, BioShock, Portal, LittleBigPlanet etc etc etc

Donkey Kong Country and Banjo Kazooie are not Western... those are some great games, though.

Are you just being ignorant? They were made my Rare, who are most definitely British.
#39Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 11/25/2012 3:02:25 AM
More like Western devs are saving gaming. Mass Effect is awesome and destroys any jrpg of this gen easily. Keep up the good work Western devs. More ME like games please.
---
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/89/31/airplanes-luftwaffe_00318931.jpg
#40AXKSIONPosted 11/25/2012 3:03:54 AM
YamiJonz posted...
You people need to open your eyes. The golden days of ps1and 2 are over. The vast majority of japanese game are trash now. They have become forgetable and uninspired, relying way too heavily on anime styling and cover art, offering little to no substance at all. And that is because they fail to grow with time and technology.

If Japanese games haven't 'grown' and changed like you say, then clearly, Japanese games would still be great.

However, you are wronger than wrong, and Japanese games are not good anymore since they have changed for the worse, by far.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!