This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#421P00DGEPosted 11/26/2012 10:48:48 PM
wstfld posted...
We should just crown king weeabo of the gf ps3 board. Quick everyone tell someone they don't know what they're talking about while weaving in japanese words or people.

If there was a thumbs up option on this site, you would have my vote.
#422AXKSIONPosted 11/26/2012 10:52:52 PM
western devs couldn't be creative if their lives depended on it
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#423cenabru007Posted 11/26/2012 11:14:46 PM
I totally agree with you, I'd have enough of every other game being a FPS or even a TPS with the tiniest RPG elements added. Gaming was a hell lot better on the PS2.
#424P00DGEPosted 11/26/2012 11:18:20 PM
AXKSION posted...

This is actually completely untrue. A vast history of wonderful and creative games since the SNES prove this false immediately, but go ahead and keep living in that bubble of yours.
#425Devilman_AmonPosted 11/26/2012 11:18:31 PM
Western developer 1: "Hey let's try our hand at a Visual Novel dating sims. We haven't broken into that genre yet"

Western developer 2: "Okay that sounds good. Should be easy too since those are usually first person. Only...how are we going to implement the gun usage and MP? and can we replace the girls with beefy bald guys instead?"
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#426P00DGEPosted 11/26/2012 11:22:02 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Western developer 1: "Hey let's try our hand at a Visual Novel dating sims. We haven't broken into that genre yet"

Western developer 2: "Okay that sounds good. Should be easy too since those are usually first person. Only...how are we going to implement the gun usage and MP? and can we replace the girls with beefy bald guys instead?"

To be completely honest though, NO ONE would want to buy a visual novel dating sim... and for good reason.
#427Devilman_AmonPosted 11/26/2012 11:27:02 PM
P00DGE posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

To be completely honest though, NO ONE would want to buy a visual novel dating sim... and for good reason.

Mass Effect, Dragon Age & The Sims are halfway there anyway and Hakuoki was 3rd on Amazon's best seller list for PSP games when it came out so people actually bought it...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#428BlackMetalisWarPosted 11/26/2012 11:27:09 PM
So which side is winning in this topic? The anti-Japanese dudebros or the weeaboo defense force?

I haven't been keeping track of this topic. Score?
---
Deathcore is garbage.
#429AXKSIONPosted 11/26/2012 11:40:26 PM
P00DGE posted...
AXKSION posted...

This is actually completely untrue. A vast history of wonderful and creative games since the SNES prove this false immediately, but go ahead and keep living in that bubble of yours.

yes, sorry, you're right.

pewpewpewpew

is so different from

pew pew pew pew

so innovative, creative and imaginative
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#430spectermaster14Posted 11/27/2012 12:16:58 AM
P00DGE posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

Mass Effect, Dragon Age & The Sims are halfway there anyway and Hakuoki was 3rd on Amazon's best seller list for PSP games when it came out so people actually bought it...

Can I just say that I kind of appreciate the fact that choice and dialogue control in an RPG such a foreign concept to you that you ignorantly run around flapping your arms while tossing visual novel labels? It makes it easier for people to see they shouldn't bother arguing.