This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#471spectermaster14Posted 11/27/2012 2:23:10 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Flamer_Blue posted...
Is this an excuse from japanese developers?
Wah we are awful and lazy devs. Western devs are doing better! They are ruining it for us!

Western devs have been the reason this gen didnt get stale. Meanwhile, the japanese still play garbage like wiimusic, resident evil 6, lost planet, dragon hunter, ffxiii

First off you meant Monster Hunter. At least get your titles right.

Second, FF is ruined because of Westernization this gen so you can blame CoD influence and it's popularity for that one.

Same with RE5/RE6/RE ORC. They went from survival horror to Gears or War/CoD clones.

Lost Planet? That's another westernization fail.

And WiiMusic is for the casual non gaming crowd which Nintendo tapped into and made a fortune out of so if anything they used their heads. What did M$ do?
Kinect?

lol

It isn't Western developer's fault that Japanese developers decided to make crappy games that tried to emulate crappy genres. They didn't tell them to do it. Games like CoD just sold RIDICULOUSLY well, and I don't blame Eastern Developers for wanting a piece of that action. It is lucrative. They could have chosen any number of other successful, creative and wonderful games that Western Developers are known for, but they chose the CoD and Gears of War route because it was selling well. Again, CUSTOMERS are at fault here, not developers in the West.

Well you see, if these developers weren't influencing others by making well received titles, no one would try to ape their success and fail at it, destroying established IPs in the eyes of some players. Ergo, it's the developers fault for making money! Logic and ****.
#472ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/27/2012 2:26:06 PM
I can't believe this topic is near 500 posts. I almost never see that nowadays.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#473Devilman_AmonPosted 11/27/2012 2:38:51 PM
GreatTroySensei posted...

You understood none of what I said. I was saying that GH basically got funded by pitching allowing people to play to licensed songs, and that was what made it popular in the west. DDR NEVER became hugely popular in the west, it was a relatively niche title... even then, people liked the dancing gameplay. DDR could put gameplay first when localizing, and make it's money back.

Nobody played GH at first for the gameplay - they played it largely for the music.

Except you're totally dismissing the lure of playing a guitar over stomping to a beat on the floor. That;s unacceptable and totally not one sided like that.

RE: Taiwan... nobody here is a weeaboo. Your friend is a weeaboo.

What? Who is my friend?

The people I mentioned here aren't 'into Japanese things' - they're Japanese, from Japan, who live and work here.

I don't believe you mentioned that before but okay.

The Taiwanese who know Japanese culture didn't 'latch onto' it - they got it through cultural osmosis. Taiwan was at one point occupied by the Japanese, and that happens - same way Japan got so much American crap.

Kinda the same thing though...word semantics...feh

You aren't good at organizing your thoughts, and you still continue to try and justify your misguided statements about Taiwan, rather than simple saying "I'm sorry, I misunderstood." Now I'm done with you, too.

Hey! Don't you walk away from me like that! I ain't done talking to you. Get back here you weeaboo!
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#474Devilman_AmonPosted 11/27/2012 2:41:30 PM
P00DGE posted...

I understand this, but not many people in the US would buy a game that had ONLY those elements in them. They can be nice extras to add to the story, but people buy the games for the parts with the action

You don't know that for sure you are only making assumptions.
And assumptions is why often we can't have nice things....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#475THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 11/27/2012 2:41:45 PM
ChaoticKnuckles posted...
I can't believe this topic is near 500 posts. I almost never see that nowadays.

wstrn vs jpn is srs bsns
#476wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/27/2012 3:43:29 PM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
wstrn vs jpn is srs bsns

---
it's simple. just be nice.
#477mtjormitchPosted 11/27/2012 3:56:10 PM
There is a LOT of racism going on in this topic.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#478IHeartMetroidPosted 11/27/2012 5:49:43 PM
Confirmed: Poodge is an alt of Sensei.

The writing style, the sudden popping in and quoting of a mid-topic post, it all fits together.

Sorry, you've been outed, man. Nobody pops into a forum with 10 pages of posts, reads through all of them, then picks a single post halfway through to quote with an IDENTICAL argument and posting style of a previously discredited poster who just happened to vanish.

What DOES happen, especially on GameFAQs, is that someone pulls out a long-disused alternate account (this one with 900 karma) and lo and behold! Instant consensus!
#479THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 11/27/2012 8:45:45 PM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
Confirmed: Poodge is an alt of Sensei.

The writing style, the sudden popping in and quoting of a mid-topic post, it all fits together.

Sorry, you've been outed, man. Nobody pops into a forum with 10 pages of posts, reads through all of them, then picks a single post halfway through to quote with an IDENTICAL argument and posting style of a previously discredited poster who just happened to vanish.

What DOES happen, especially on GameFAQs, is that someone pulls out a long-disused alternate account (this one with 900 karma) and lo and behold! Instant consensus!

That's an interesting...theory...

To reiterate, this topic was always about Western vs. Japanese gaming culture and style. This was never a legitimate topic because TC showed his bias toward Japanese game developers by denigrating Western game developers.
#480sirtonnePosted 11/27/2012 8:44:07 PM
When I think of Japanese games, I think of Mario, Link, Cloud, Crono, Moogles, Snake, Ryu, Ken, and on and on. So many memorable characters and creative fantasy worlds.

When I think of Western games, I think of faceless soldiers and generic men with guns, Tolkien ripoffs and lots of browngrey. I really want to like more Western games, but the lack of creativity and variety just bores me with most games.