This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#481Shinobi120Posted 11/27/2012 8:17:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#482AXKSIONPosted 11/27/2012 8:17:02 PM
sirtonne posted...
When I think of Japanese games, I think of Mario, Link, Cloud, Crono, Moogles, Snake, Ryu, Ken, and on and on. So many memorable characters and creative fantasy worlds.

When I think of Western games, I think of faceless soldiers and generic men with guns, Tolkien ripoffs and lots of browngrey. I really want to like more Western games, but the lack of creativity and variety just bores me with most games.

^ this pretty much

TO 500!!!!!!!!!
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#483gucciburrrPosted 11/27/2012 8:21:57 PM
Dumb thread. While the low minority is screaming for flops by Japanese developers like Platinum and Atlus, developers from the west are pumping out titles millions on top of millsion want to buy. See CoD,Halo,Uncharted and Gears for example. Without the west gaming would be dead...
#484FreeFlowTw1tchPosted 11/27/2012 8:26:06 PM
This topic is a joke. Companies can only make what you're willing to buy. When something is being ruined, it is because of the consumers. You want a different gaming environment, then go ahead and try to convince everyone their opinions and tastes are wrong. Once again, none of this has to do with any developers.
#485P00DGEPosted 11/27/2012 8:41:59 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Confirmed: Poodge is an alt of Sensei.

The writing style, the sudden popping in and quoting of a mid-topic post, it all fits together.

Sorry, you've been outed, man. Nobody pops into a forum with 10 pages of posts, reads through all of them, then picks a single post halfway through to quote with an IDENTICAL argument and posting style of a previously discredited poster who just happened to vanish.

What DOES happen, especially on GameFAQs, is that someone pulls out a long-disused alternate account (this one with 900 karma) and lo and behold! Instant consensus!

I don't even know who sensai is. But Thats the brilliance of your accusation isnt it. Because even though this is my only gfaqs account, someone who really was using an alt for some pathetic plan to have people agree with him, they would still just deny it like I am now. All I can say is that I am on gfaqs witj this accoumt every day posting. Check my history.

Your accusation also makes yourself look quite pathetic. In some desperate bid to try and make sense of the logical arguments people are making, you ummediately accuse them of being the same person. And no one was discredited you just ignored rational arguments. You have alot of growing up to do kiddo
#486Shinobi120Posted 11/27/2012 8:46:39 PM
Guys, guys, guys!

Can't we all get along? Take a breather.
#487agrissaPosted 11/27/2012 8:54:49 PM
sirtonne posted...
When I think of Japanese games, I think of Mario, Link, Cloud, Crono, Moogles, Snake, Ryu, Ken, and on and on. So many memorable characters and creative fantasy worlds.

When I think of Western games, I think of faceless soldiers and generic men with guns, Tolkien ripoffs and lots of browngrey. I really want to like more Western games, but the lack of creativity and variety just bores me with most games.

THIS!!!!!
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#488grungastzenkiPosted 11/27/2012 9:14:42 PM
Nintendological posted...
grungastzenki posted...

You are clueless. How many Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach and Naruto games saturate the market? Dynasty Warriors, and Genji are clearly based on East Asian history and folklore. There are tons of Japanese games based on Japanese history and comic books. It isn't unique to the Western world.

Fun fact; people often retell their history and culture through whatever mediums are available to them at the time. It's called cultural transmission, you ill-informed expatriate-in-the-making. Just because you obsess over a small list of games (Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo) doesn't mean the alternative content is not out there. Western developers incorporate a number of genres, themes and unique concepts into their games as well.

- Scribblenauts
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Portal
- Fez
- World of Goo
- Minecraft
- The Sims
- Black & White

First all anime games is not popular and only sell well among limited fanbase
I one of many people who don't like J anime based Because usually the gameplay suck

Second anime games is not based on old comics book like batman and superman used
on infinite loop

Third i said 95% not 100%. Yes some of the games you listed is pretty unique

Fouth lets look at your list :
- Scribblenauts : this is unique and creative yes. To bad is bland and not epic

- Plants vs. Zombies : i can't bad mouthing this games. This games is F***ing awesome.
yet this games is still not as epic and awesome as many J unique games

- Portal : Shooter games prove my point exactly

- Fez : I looked at this games and it not been released yet, are you trolling me

- World of Goo : i never play this. maybe i give it a try

- Minecraft : I looked at this games it sound unique but not simple

- The Sims : Yes you give me boring and bland games that been used so many times

- Black & White : I never play this. it seems boring

Five rest assured i am not american or english man.
And english is not my primary languange in my country so forgive my poor grammar.
#489spectermaster14Posted 11/27/2012 9:40:44 PM
- Portal : Shooter games prove my point exactly

You certainly did say that. Yep. That's a thing that you posted in a public forum.

We must've grown up with different games, because when I think of western developers I think of...

Ratchet and Clank,
Jak and Daxter,
Crash,
Spyro,
the Prince (Sands of Time's version, but I have fond memories of the SNES era Prince),
Banjo and Kazooie,
Conker,
Guybrush Threepwood,
Sam and Max,
Rayman,
Toejam and Earl,
Scorpion and Subzero...

That's off the top of my head and only from older games. If we start jumping into this gen and last? You'd have to be the most ignorant poster on this site - and granted, PS3 board so you're gonna get plenty of people agreeing with anything this dumb - to post something like this.
#490Jx1010Posted 11/27/2012 9:49:58 PM
I agree with TC
---
Charlie Sheen wins!