This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Western developers are ruining the gaming industry

#491nite1017Posted 11/27/2012 10:50:43 PM
sounds about right...
#492NintendologicalPosted 11/27/2012 10:56:24 PM
grungastzenki posted...
First all anime games is not popular and only sell well among limited fanbase
I one of many people who don't like J anime based Because usually the gameplay suck

Second anime games is not based on old comics book like batman and superman used
on infinite loop

- Portal : Shooter games prove my point exactly

- Fez : I looked at this games and it not been released yet, are you trolling me

- Black & White : I never play this. it seems boring

1) Your argument was that Western games are based on old novels, historical events or old comics. I provided a solid list to prove that Japanese games are no different. Don't try to change your position by bring up irrelevant factors like how supposedly popular a game is. All of those franchises have dozens of games. There are no fewer than 75 games based on Dragon Ball, from the 1980s until present. Clearly, the games are popular enough. Same goes for Naruto (49 games) and One Piece (32 games).

2) Senin Buraku has been running since 1956, making it older than most Marvel comics, including X-Men (1963) and Spider-Man (1965). The manga, Gologo 13 has been running since 1969. And how many reboots have Gigantor, Speed Racer and Astro Boy had? Japan isn't some paragon of creativity where ideas are always fresh. They have old and reused comics just like every other country.

3) Portal is not a shooter, it is a puzzle game. Your comment makes it clear that you've never played the game, or that you have a poor understanding of what a first person shooter is.

Fez was released months ago. There was a huge controversy over Polytron's inability to release a patch for a big affecting something like 3% of the users, because Microsoft wants $40,000 for Polytron to release a patch.

You called Black & White boring but admit that you've never played it. That is an empty opinion, if one could even call it an opinion. How does one opine about that which they've never done?
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#493Brocken_JrPosted 11/27/2012 10:58:02 PM
TO FIVE HUNDRED!
---
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.
#494mtjormitchPosted 11/27/2012 11:05:03 PM
Please. Someone. Kill this racist and ignorant topic... please... we need a shotgun to put ole topic down.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#495P00DGEPosted 11/27/2012 11:07:24 PM
Well since this topic will likely hit 500 and be closed by the time I wake up, Id just like to point out the obvious in relation to the topic title. Countless users includimg myself have given proof in the form of lists, examples, ideas and explanations that Western Developers are every bit as capable at creating creative, unique and wonderfully awesome games as their eastern brothers. Most of us can agree that there are bad examples of games that are crippling progress forward coming from the west but the same can be said of some games from the east. Both sides have wonderful games and that is simply a fact. The only ones left arguing against this, I think us rational people can agree, are the trolls and plain ignorant. If the mounds of proof and examples of wonderful western games cant convince them, nothing will. But for those that are rational, we know that good games are simply good games and the region they come from has no influence on that.
#496spectermaster14Posted 11/27/2012 11:11:17 PM
Well since this topic will likely hit 500 and be closed by the time I wake up, Id just like to point out the obvious in relation to the topic title. Countless users includimg myself have given proof in the form of lists, examples, ideas and explanations that Western Developers are every bit as capable at creating creative, unique and wonderfully awesome games as their eastern brothers. Most of us can agree that there are bad examples of games that are crippling progress forward coming from the west but the same can be said of some games from the east. Both sides have wonderful games and that is simply a fact. The only ones left arguing against this, I think us rational people can agree, are the trolls and plain ignorant. If the mounds of proof and examples of wonderful western games cant convince them, nothing will. But for those that are rational, we know that good games are simply good games and the region they come from has no influence on that.

Good luck with all that. Rational thought and logic is a bit lost on people who'll genuinely sit there and tell you that the only protagonists the west creates are faceless soldiers and that Portal is an FPS. There's literally no sense in arguing with people this far gone. If I didn't so much free time on my days off I'd swear off this board forever.
#497thisranksPosted 11/27/2012 11:15:11 PM
Thanks for the tip TC. /sarcasm Good thing i don't pay attention to the regionally challenged or i wouldn't be enjoying games at at all. Western games suck from the eatern game lovers and vice versa ... Blah.

Hell, it might help if people learned the actual definition of RPG ... but that would render these troll topics even more impotent then they are.

So little truth to the regional debate on any level if you really consider yourself a gamer.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#498SlayerPosted 11/27/2012 11:16:23 PM
Hi.
---
Currently Playing: Black ops II, Hitman: Absolution
Current Console: Playstation 3
#499BlackMetalisWarPosted 11/27/2012 11:17:13 PM
Umad guyz?
---
Deathcore is garbage.
#500SlayerPosted 11/27/2012 11:17:43 PM
Bye.