This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NIB Super Slim PS3 does not read discs - Suggestions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. NIB Super Slim PS3 does not read discs - Suggestions?

User Info: axemaster72

axemaster72
4 years ago#1
Besides the obvious "call it in", has anyone else experienced a similar dilemma?

I purchased a new Super Slim bundle w/Uncharted Dual pack and Infamous Collection on Black Friday along with the 3D display. Finally had a chance to hook everything up this morning and it was going along well until I decided to try out the 3D with a game or two (after updates/downloads). No game thus far has worked. I have tried Motorstorm Apocalypse and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Neither of which has appeared on the XMB under the game tab.

After closing the disc drive, the disc spins and stop continuously for about 3 minutes after which the drive completely stops and the system is now silent. XMB is still up and I can navigate the system. Netflix works as does the PSN store and other apps. Games do not read.

I have tried hard resetting. Once the system declared itself corrupt and "fixed" itself. Still has yet to read a game or appear under the game tab.

Haven't heard of any PS3s being broken as such out of box so maybe I am doing something wrong...

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Axemaster72 - Leader of CuRB & Dizzy Carmine
Now with 72% more Axe per post!

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
4 years ago#2
The drive could have been damaged during shipping from the distributor. Return it to the store and get a replacement.

User Info: Monoculus

Monoculus
4 years ago#3
If it's NIB how do you know it can't read disks?
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play

User Info: popping4it

popping4it
4 years ago#4
Monoculus posted...
If it's NIB how do you know it can't read disks?

mind blown
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. NIB Super Slim PS3 does not read discs - Suggestions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived