This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NIB Super Slim PS3 does not read discs - Suggestions?

#1axemaster72Posted 11/25/2012 5:06:06 AM(edited)
Besides the obvious "call it in", has anyone else experienced a similar dilemma?

I purchased a new Super Slim bundle w/Uncharted Dual pack and Infamous Collection on Black Friday along with the 3D display. Finally had a chance to hook everything up this morning and it was going along well until I decided to try out the 3D with a game or two (after updates/downloads). No game thus far has worked. I have tried Motorstorm Apocalypse and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Neither of which has appeared on the XMB under the game tab.

After closing the disc drive, the disc spins and stop continuously for about 3 minutes after which the drive completely stops and the system is now silent. XMB is still up and I can navigate the system. Netflix works as does the PSN store and other apps. Games do not read.

I have tried hard resetting. Once the system declared itself corrupt and "fixed" itself. Still has yet to read a game or appear under the game tab.

Haven't heard of any PS3s being broken as such out of box so maybe I am doing something wrong...

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
---
Axemaster72 - Leader of CuRB & Dizzy Carmine
Now with 72% more Axe per post!
#2XSilverPhoenixXPosted 11/25/2012 5:08:53 AM
The drive could have been damaged during shipping from the distributor. Return it to the store and get a replacement.
#3MonoculusPosted 11/25/2012 7:17:05 AM
If it's NIB how do you know it can't read disks?
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play
#4popping4itPosted 11/25/2012 7:27:31 AM
Monoculus posted...
If it's NIB how do you know it can't read disks?

mind blown
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.