This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does anyone here actually live near a good gamestop

#11DarknessXSeekerPosted 11/25/2012 8:13:29 AM
Yes, I have never had a problem with my Gamestop in fact me and my cousin are friends with the manager which is why he gives us all the advertisement for the games we like once they are done with it.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#12fallenswordsPosted 11/25/2012 8:15:04 AM
i've never had any problems with my local gamestop... the people they hire are actually knowledgeable of what they're selling.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#13OnDiscDLCPosted 11/25/2012 8:20:19 AM
fallenswords posted...
i've never had any problems with my local gamestop... the people they hire are actually knowledgeable of what they're selling.

Same here. I've never had a bad experience with my Gamestop. You can actually have a conversation about a game with them. People on these boards make it seem like they know nothing about gaming.
#14joenick79Posted 11/25/2012 8:30:06 AM
I actually stay less than a mile from my local Gamestop. It's a lot better than the one across town. But, there is ONE employee there that is annoying as hell. Tries to force preorders, convince people to buy used games, among other things. Sadly, I think he is the manager. Some days, I just want to go in, get the game I want, and leave without the pathetic sales attempts. Other than that, it's a great store with great employees. I live in Macon, GA...
---
"mega man battle network 5 ds. the minigame in End Castle allows you to whack off dummies that doesn't stop coming"--Dark_SilverX
#15L0rdCrumpPosted 11/25/2012 8:34:30 AM
I want to pick up Hitman Absolution on launch day and they didn't want to sell it to me without a preorder. They said they didn't have enough copies for people who didn't preorder. Excuse me? Give me the freaking game you rude deformed looking mutant. Don't you dare talk to me in that tone of voice. Your suppose to sell copies to people who don't preorder as well if you have extras. "Oh, your lucky you got a copy" I came on launch day you scum, and the first to probably buy it.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#16William_18Posted 11/25/2012 8:37:50 AM
Nope

At all 3 of the Gamestops in my city it's pretty much if you're not a 360 fan they don't want to help you out. Then they bug you about pre-orders and the powerup card constantly AND they aren't knowledgeable AT ALL.

Just the other day I went in to pick up RE6. I went on the site to put it on hold since the pre-owned copies were in low supply. I go to the store and the guy tries to sell me the 360 version. I tell him that I put the PS3 version on hold and he asks, "are you sure it wasn't for the 360?" I tell him no and that I don't even own a 360 anymore. He then spends 5 minutes looking for his paper telling him that I did indeed put the PS3 one on hold. Then he spends another 5 minutes looking for the damn box to put it in. He even had to ask the manager where the box was!

In short, all the Gamestops around me suck.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#17TacoOfTheOperaPosted 11/25/2012 8:56:46 AM
All 3 of the Gamestops within a few feet feet of each other(one in a plaza, and then 2 in the mall directly across the street from the plaza), are pretty chill since they pretty much all have the same employees and cycle them between all 3 locations
---
Another Sanchez Loss? http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1597613/markfailed_medium.gif
Unleash Tebow! http://i47.tinypic.com/282e1ig.jpg
#18En Sabah NurPosted 11/25/2012 8:58:21 AM
joenick79 posted...
I actually stay less than a mile from my local Gamestop. It's a lot better than the one across town. But, there is ONE employee there that is annoying as hell. Tries to force preorders, convince people to buy used games, among other things. Sadly, I think he is the manager. Some days, I just want to go in, get the game I want, and leave without the pathetic sales attempts. Other than that, it's a great store with great employees. I live in Macon, GA...

To be fair, that's his job. It IS annoying for both you and him. He doesn't want to have to be such a pain in the ass but he has no choice really.

Also, your town is gonna get wiped out if the zombie apocalypse happens. The Walking Dead game said so.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#19Malkavian_imdPosted 11/25/2012 9:12:56 AM
The closest gamestop to me is generally good. They did have issues with their computers the day after SANDY which caused me to have to wait in line for like 1+ hours just to pick up my preorder, but thats hardly their fault.

I'm like the VIP there, they greet me by name.
#20djwagonPosted 11/25/2012 9:17:28 AM(edited)
not anymore.corp fired all .the great worker at three stores(all three of them where managers and really knew thier customers). that I used to go to because .they needed new faces to improve thier sales.what they did not take in to account was those fired workers .where bring great numbers every month and once they where gone those store numbers went down the drain.so now I scam corp every chance I get to get free codes from them and I never buy the game from that store I complain about in a e-mail to corp.last game I did this was halo4 .that I really bought at mirco center
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..