This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls board is officially the largest PS3 board in GameFAQ

#1-Damien-Posted 11/25/2012 7:57:53 AM
....also the longest running in Top 10 board

Largest PS3 game forums in GameFAQ

1. Dark Souls = 81K topics and counting
2. MGS4 = 80K topics
3 FFXIII = 77K topics
4. Demon's Souls = 74K topics
5. Marvel vs Capcom 3 = 50K topics

Just look at that, Demon's/Dark Souls games among the long-established Playstation franchises with much larger fanbases

that just shows Souls games are the best, the most discussed with the deepest gameplay games of this generation
#2TheBorderColliePosted 11/25/2012 8:03:36 AM
...Or it means that those games get more complaints and criticism than any other title.

Also....I would like to hear how the number of topics for a game is somehow an indicator of the games "depth."

Is Pokemon deeper than the Souls games?
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#3Power TurtlePosted 11/25/2012 8:11:27 AM
Yeah, the dark souls board is pretty great. Theres alot of xbox and pcers that go there because they say its more friendly and active than the others. Compared to most other boards, where everyone is an egotistical jerkwad, or troll, those guys are pretty helpful.

And to second poster, do you even play dark souls? I agree that # of topics =/= depth, but DkS is actually very indepth and theres really not much complaining at all.
#4TheBorderColliePosted 11/25/2012 8:33:20 AM
And to second poster, do you even play dark souls? I agree that # of topics =/= depth, but DkS is actually very indepth and theres really not much complaining at all.

Yes, I have played both games and I really like them. They are really fun.

But I also think it's rather stupid to draw solid conclusions like the TC did....based on the length of a message board on an internet website, which may or may not even be representative of a game's standing throughout the industry.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#5-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:34:09 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
...Or it means that those games get more complaints and criticism than any other title.

Also....I would like to hear how the number of topics for a game is somehow an indicator of the games "depth."

Is Pokemon deeper than the Souls games?

no. At some point large fanbase advantage will win. I'm pretty sure pokemon has more than 10x bigger fanbase than Souls games.

And no there's no amount of bickering or complaints in Dark Souls board, sure there are some just like any other boards do, but nothing special. In fact Souls boards have the best of sense of community out there, especially Demon's Souls, because in the game, people literally do help each other to beat the missions or bosses. .......but you wouldn't understand that since you haven't played any of the Souls game
#6-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:36:56 AM

But I also think it's rather stupid to draw solid conclusions like the TC did....based on the length of a message board on an internet website, which may or may not even be representative of a game's standing throughout the industry.

Is Dark Souls has the deepest gameplay in the gaming industry? absolutely.

How else do you explain the game with such a small fanbase but yet it produced so much discussions?
#7ShineboxerPosted 11/25/2012 8:40:19 AM
-Damien- posted...

How else do you explain the game with such a small fanbase but yet it produced so much discussions?

Careful on where and how you use that word.

All those ads sure mean a small fanbase don't they?
#8Godly_GoofPosted 11/25/2012 8:46:00 AM
-Damien- posted...

deep mechanics? evade and counter is hard >.> that or just troll with the Butterfly shield
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#9-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:00:27 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
-Damien- posted...

deep mechanics? evade and counter is hard >.> that or just troll with the Butterfly shield

if you want to play that way, sure...why not, that's just one of many ways to play the game.

The game doesn't restrict you, it just gives you challenges and punishments, but it's up to you how you want to overcome them
#10ShineboxerPosted 11/25/2012 9:06:22 AM
-Damien- posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
-Damien- posted...

if you want to play that way, sure...why not, that's just one of many ways to play the game.

The game doesn't restrict you, it just gives you challenges and punishments, but it's up to you how you want to overcome them

"No!!!!!!!!, You're playing it wrong!!!!!!!"