This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you prefer the ps3 controller over 360's?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why do you prefer the ps3 controller over 360's?
3 years ago#31
Because the DS3 has a d-pad that can be used for more than barely navigating menus.

Seriously, the 360 controller is pretty dang comfortable but what were they thinking with that d-pad? You almost might as well not even put one.

Also pressure sensitive buttons are pretty cool when the game uses them. And the DS3 can recharge without buying a $20 accessory.
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
3 years ago#32
NJQuestCat posted...
Wario_man posted...
I don't. I've been using a 360 controller for emulated games and a scant few others for the PC (I don't even use the 360) and got a Speedlink Xeox Xbox 360 style controller for the PS3 and it is great for racing games and games like Ratchet and Clank and several others. I quite enjoy using it.

Do you have the xcm cross battle adapter or only a 3rd party 360 gampad imitation?

3rd party imitation..I don't know what you said in the first part :P
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
3 years ago#33
Wario_man posted...
NJQuestCat posted...
Wario_man posted...
I don't. I've been using a 360 controller for emulated games and a scant few others for the PC (I don't even use the 360) and got a Speedlink Xeox Xbox 360 style controller for the PS3 and it is great for racing games and games like Ratchet and Clank and several others. I quite enjoy using it.

Do you have the xcm cross battle adapter or only a 3rd party 360 gampad imitation?

Its a converter which allows u to use a 360 controller on your ps3
3 years ago#34
I like the look,the buttons and comfortable feel of the Dualshock 3 over the 360 bulky controller and the d-pad is better as well.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
3 years ago#35
I don't prefer it over the 360's controller, actually.
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
3 years ago#36
I don't. I've always found sony's controllers are just awkward and don't fit to the hand at all.
3 years ago#37
I like the PS D-pad over the 360s. I don't like the connected directions that the 360 has. IMO even the standard D-pad from like the SNES and NES are superior to the 360s. I prefer the stick layout of the PS controller but that may be due to using it since the original dual-shock controller. After playing Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary for more that about an hour or two my hand start to sweat where as they don't when I play anything on the PS, even for 4 hours or more. And the last thing I think is the lack of the battery pack on the back center of the controller. It just seems to make it bulky.
PSN: koruptpaintbaler
XBL: Draxkal
3 years ago#38
NJQuestCat posted...
Wario_man posted...
NJQuestCat posted...
Wario_man posted...

Its a converter which allows u to use a 360 controller on your ps3

That's nifty but I like this being wireless but it may be something to look into for later :3
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
3 years ago#39
The 360 controller is aight, but it's kinda bulky and the face buttons are small. Never understood why ppl act like it's the perfect controller.
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
3 years ago#40
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Is, "Everything," an appropriate answer? The 360 controller doesn't have any redeeming qualities for me, other than it's a slight improvement over the original Xbox controller.
PSN El_Borak_77
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why do you prefer the ps3 controller over 360's?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived