This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slim Vs. Super Slim

#1gunslingercidPosted 11/25/2012 11:07:00 AM
So...

I bought the uncharted 3 game of the year bundle online and didn't realize it came with a super slim PS3. I was hoping to still get the Slim.

Are there any glaring issues with the Super Slim that would have me to still try getting the regular Slim? Or should I just keep the Super Slim?

One thing I'm concerned about is heating issues. Does one run hotter than the other?

I'm not too concerned with noise...I'll probably have Cake blaring from my PC in the background while I play anyway.
---
Momento Mori
#2AalviPosted 11/25/2012 11:33:53 AM
Memento Mori?
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#3danny5329Posted 11/25/2012 11:40:21 AM
gunslingercid posted...
So...

I bought the uncharted 3 game of the year bundle online and didn't realize it came with a super slim PS3. I was hoping to still get the Slim.

Are there any glaring issues with the Super Slim that would have me to still try getting the regular Slim? Or should I just keep the Super Slim?

One thing I'm concerned about is heating issues. Does one run hotter than the other?

I'm not too concerned with noise...I'll probably have Cake blaring from my PC in the background while I play anyway.

Keep the super slim cause it runs cooler than the slim thus reduced the chance of YLOD but the 3000 model slim is also good at managing heat.
---
My Body Is Ready for........
2nd Super Robot Taisen OG
#4ScrubbyKenPosted 11/25/2012 12:00:06 PM
Aalvi posted...
Memento Mori?

P...persona?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5gunslingercid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:39:12 PM
Cooler than the slim, huh? Good to know.

Is that toploading thing working out for the system. I heard it was like a sliding door or something.
---
Momento Mori
#6mogar002Posted 11/25/2012 1:40:23 PM
I don't have a problem with the loader. Though you probably shouldn't forget to close it when you are done with the PS3.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#7gunslingercid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:43:05 PM
Momento Mori - 'remember that we're mortal; that we die' or something like that.

I first heard it used in The Streets album, 'The hardest way to make an easy living'

Mike talks about how folks tell him that we're all going to die anyway so why worry about material things... but Mike can't help but spend some money on the good stuff... like taking expensive trips or buying designer clothes.

Anyway... I looked up Momento Mori on wiki and thought it was pretty neat.
---
Momento Mori
#8gunslingercid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:48:44 PM
mogar002 posted...
I don't have a problem with the loader. Though you probably shouldn't forget to close it when you are done with the PS3.

That's cool then.

When the 3DO and PS2 went top loading, I thought it was great because I didn't really like the motorized tray approach to loading games (I still feel apprehensive when I use the drive on my PC).

I liked the Regular Slim's disc loading because I don't have to worry about some tray sticking out that I might forget and break off... But I can probably live with the Super Slim's top loading.
---
Momento Mori