This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shoul ragequitting be punished? And if So, HOW? (from a Development standpoint)

#1iPutinWORKPosted 11/25/2012 11:22:51 AM
Topic.
---
PSN Salesrobmy7 | Playing Mass Effect 2 | Batman AA | FFIX
Favorites SMB3 | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon
#2DartkunPosted 11/25/2012 11:23:42 AM(edited)
Yes, and in a matchmaking system put rage quitters with other rage quitters.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#3Large_TonberryPosted 11/25/2012 11:40:16 AM
Dartkun posted...

Rockstar did something like that with Max Payne 3. Anyone caught cheating/hacking would be put into a separate lobby, and would only be allowed to play with other cheaters indefinitely. Having something like that could easily work for ragequitters too.

The only problem would be discerning who actually rage-quitted and who had genuine connection issues.
#4ps3_gamer_norgePosted 11/25/2012 11:42:34 AM
Probation

They do it in quite a few games.

I dont think it should be punished though as it also punishes people that get disconnected etc. Also, when you buy a game you should be able to quit as much as you want.
#5DartkunPosted 11/25/2012 12:01:42 PM
Large_Tonberry posted...
Dartkun posted...

Rockstar did something like that with Max Payne 3. Anyone caught cheating/hacking would be put into a separate lobby, and would only be allowed to play with other cheaters indefinitely. Having something like that could easily work for ragequitters too.

The only problem would be discerning who actually rage-quitted and who had genuine connection issues.

It should simply depend on frequency. If you DC only once every x games, you would be fine. If you did it far too many times, you account would be flagged.

I have no problems understanding there are people who legitimately disconnect a lot. But it ruins the fun for the other player(s) when you do it.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#6servb0tsPosted 11/25/2012 12:04:13 PM
yes, unfortunately thats the last thing developers think about when it comes to online games.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#7urtvPosted 11/25/2012 12:05:16 PM
happens a lot in mmo's.thank god for block lists
#8true_gamer80Posted 11/25/2012 12:06:40 PM(edited)
"Also, when you buy a game you should be able to quit as much as you want."

disagree...offline do whatever the heck you want but if your ruining ppls experiences online simply because your losing...do not play online then....its pathetic and not right and indeed is a form of cheating
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#9cymanxPosted 11/25/2012 12:18:25 PM
My view is strictly this... If you have a good reason for quitting, then you should not be punished for it. Like, getting tired, you suspect your party is playing unfairly, things like that. You shouldn't be punished because your party members are acting like a bunch of douche bags. If people are going to be punished for rage-quitting because their party members are acting like morons, then it is only fair for developers to punish people for tea bagging.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#10servb0tsPosted 11/25/2012 1:11:11 PM
The thing about online most gamers need to understand is not everyone is going to play the way you want.

Called Adapting to them, however some developers make near impossible online trophies and don't punish D/Cing gamers, I think that wrong on both accounts.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner