This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Things that happened this gen that you never would have guessed would happen.
I JUST DONT HAVE ANY FUN with this game,its on my shelf now ;_;
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
Sony going from king of the videogame world to sort of an afterthought, especially in North America.
JRPG's becoming irrelevant on consoles
Resident Evil becoming a 100% casual TPS
Nintendo's non-HD console dominating this gen
Military FPS's dominating and turning gaming into a mainstream activity
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME
Every great long-running series from generations past being turned into, essentially, the same game.
Over-commercialization of video games in general.
Capcom, one of my favorite publishers of all time, making games I am disappointed in.
Every developer/publisher under the sun comparing their sales to that of the CoD series.
I.E. If it doesn't sell millions of copies it's somehow a failure. (Remember when selling 100k-200k copies in the first few weeks was a "smash hit"?)
DLC replacing unlockables.
Online multiplayer becoming a "necessary" feature.
Combining those two; DLC replacing skill-based unlockables in online multiplayer (AC3).
There's just...so much...it really makes me sad.
Playing - Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Demon's Souls, Shadows of the Damned
1. Motion Controls not precise.
Don't get me wrong, but motion controls never even approached the precision or intuitiveness they originally claimed. The hype had me believing otherwise until I played games like Twilight Princess and Wii Sports.
2.Nintendo crushes PS3 and 360 (Mostly the first few years)
Like, wow. The Wii launch sales were ridiculous.
3. Shift toward DLC and Online Market places
4. The continuing market dominance of FPS.
This. Particularly the COD series. But I digress.
5. The awkward worship of games long past.
I love retro games. So much. I've bought more SNES games this generation than Wii games. But I think it's important for developers to look forward. Throwbacks are great. But let's not make a lazy rehash and charge 50-60 2012 dollars for it.
6. Cave Story hitting it big.
Odd that this masterpiece was released in 2004 and didn't get noticed until 4chan found it years later. And now it has like, what, 4 different remakes? (Wii, DSi, 3D, +)
HEY! Been tryin' to meetcha. Mhmmm.
1 and 2
I never believed the rumors back then. I guess I should have.
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
Final Fantasy going multiplat
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane
1.) Sony psn hacked.
2.) every game trying to be like COD.
3.) lay-offs for many companies.
4.) Mega Man died :(
I'm glad more people play video games though. It's nice seeing individuals with disabilities playing kinect and wii having a blast.
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
1. One of the best games this gen is made by a generally crappy american company (Ubisoft) and the game is a license game to boot. (Referring to Scott Pilgrim vs. The World)
Why does the country of the company matter? By the way, Ubisoft is French.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep,and you weep alone."
PSN: YoshiMan123 - Survivor of the ApocalyPS3 and CollaPS3
1. People shelling out 1k+ for a system
2. What whiny little babies gamers have turned into
3. People for some reason thinking every game ever needs MP
4. NA companies continuing to cash in on the same franchises they were using last gen(s) often repeatedly on the same console
5. People paying full new game price for CoD rehashes of the same game with different maps and guns
6. NA completely forgetting that J games exist and importing almost nothing... Thank god for region free gaming >.>
7. How friggen easy and hand holding games have gotten.
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
How good downloadable games ended up being.