Every great long-running series from generations past being turned into, essentially, the same game.
Over-commercialization of video games in general.
Capcom, one of my favorite publishers of all time, making games I am disappointed in.
Every developer/publisher under the sun comparing their sales to that of the CoD series. I.E. If it doesn't sell millions of copies it's somehow a failure. (Remember when selling 100k-200k copies in the first few weeks was a "smash hit"?)
DLC replacing unlockables.
Online multiplayer becoming a "necessary" feature.
Combining those two; DLC replacing skill-based unlockables in online multiplayer (AC3).
There's just...so much...it really makes me sad.
Playing - Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Demon's Souls, Shadows of the Damned PSN: DocDelicious
1. Motion Controls not precise. Don't get me wrong, but motion controls never even approached the precision or intuitiveness they originally claimed. The hype had me believing otherwise until I played games like Twilight Princess and Wii Sports.
2.Nintendo crushes PS3 and 360 (Mostly the first few years) Like, wow. The Wii launch sales were ridiculous.
3. Shift toward DLC and Online Market places
4. The continuing market dominance of FPS. This. Particularly the COD series. But I digress.
5. The awkward worship of games long past. I love retro games. So much. I've bought more SNES games this generation than Wii games. But I think it's important for developers to look forward. Throwbacks are great. But let's not make a lazy rehash and charge 50-60 2012 dollars for it.
6. Cave Story hitting it big. Odd that this masterpiece was released in 2004 and didn't get noticed until 4chan found it years later. And now it has like, what, 4 different remakes? (Wii, DSi, 3D, +) Congrats, Pixel.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/SSBB_Freeboards/index.php? HEY! Been tryin' to meetcha. Mhmmm.
1. People shelling out 1k+ for a system 2. What whiny little babies gamers have turned into 3. People for some reason thinking every game ever needs MP 4. NA companies continuing to cash in on the same franchises they were using last gen(s) often repeatedly on the same console 5. People paying full new game price for CoD rehashes of the same game with different maps and guns 6. NA completely forgetting that J games exist and importing almost nothing... Thank god for region free gaming >.> 7. How friggen easy and hand holding games have gotten.
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."