This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that happened this gen that you never would have guessed would happen.

#41NintendologicalPosted 11/26/2012 5:33:15 PM
The true shock to me was the inability for Sny to at last secure a second place position by now. I never expected Sony to lose their first place hold, let alone Nintendo being the ones to dethrone Sony. Sony not only took control of the industry with the Playstation, but they grew the industry exponentially. Prior to the Playstation, the best selling console was the NES with 2 million sold. The original Playstation sold 102 million units and lasted a decade. The Playstation 2 sold 154 million units. For Sony to have gone from eclipsing the competition to being dead-last is something I never expected.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#42chocolatesodaPosted 11/26/2012 5:44:05 PM
Lowtan_Lane posted...
Final Fantasy going multiplat

Not just Final Fantasy but many other franchises... oh well.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ0XthctSI
#43Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 11/26/2012 5:52:29 PM
Ace Combat 6 shifting to Xbox
Mistwalker never making it to Sony (you think an olive branch to the moneymakers?)
Demon's Souls Breakout success being beyond Gamefaqs
Removal of Backwards Compatibility coinciding perfectly with YLOD's
The utter disappearance of Nova Crystalis Fabulaousa, Last Remnant, Last Guardian, etc
The entire network being shut down for a month plus
Myself signing up for PSplus and actually enjoying it thoroughly
#44En Sabah NurPosted 11/26/2012 5:53:45 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
So many good games getting ripped apart or hated on simply ecause they lack the hype of the big name games...its crazy, so many good games out across all genres yet so much hate this gen....its really wierd lol

This is the biggest thing. It's ridiculous and shameful.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#45NextGenISbetterPosted 11/26/2012 6:05:48 PM
1. 3 awful games of Bioshock after the perfek System Shock 2 dummied down for Fps noobs

2. Sony getting curbstomped by Nintendo

3. Sony having their neck snapped by the Soft of Micro

4 demons souls being game of the millennium

5. Mgs fan kids being the worst of all fanboys

6. People still going crazy over tween dating sims p3 and p4 when p2 was the high point

7. Ponies still making reassurance topic 6 years after launch

8. LBP and how it changed platforming forever

9. Actually getting an incredible XCOM reboot and of course console fanboys didn't support it
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?
#46muggyPosted 11/26/2012 6:13:49 PM(edited)
hockeybub89 posted...
Gamers taking advantage of their newfound social acceptance by becoming a bunch of insufferable elitists and crybabies.

Absolutley on the mark.

Edit: see above post ^
#47You_Need_A_LifePosted 11/26/2012 6:16:55 PM
1. Games being released unfinished so they can be patched later.
2. Every shooting game in existence being a CoD4 clone or reskin.
3. Single Player focus becoming nearly extinct.
4. Health Regen becoming the norm.
5. Games becoming LESS playable than in previous gens.

Call me a troll all you like; you know everything I said is 100% true.
#48JonJonJohnnyJonPosted 11/26/2012 6:25:24 PM
On Disc DLC.

If I was told that would happen, then I wouldn't have believed it. I would have said that is just isn't right, and even a big company wouldn't try to get away with something like that. Yet here we are. The rich get richer.
---
The More You Know: http://youtu.be/3HuOH_Ht-jI
Knowing is Half the Battle: http://youtu.be/5LoqoeZG6KU
#49NextGenISbetterPosted 11/27/2012 7:34:24 PM
10. Journey being a GOTY ? WTF
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?