This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nothing ruins immersion more than disappearing bodies

#1Dillon360Posted 11/25/2012 2:55:26 PM
It's 2012 and I can't believe that a ton of games still do this.

At least wait until I enter the next room or I am 30 feet away from a body before it disappears...

Nothing is more powerful than seeing a room full of bodies and seeing the destruction and chaos that you caused. Like in Max Payne 3, after a gunfight, bodies are EVERYWHERE. Leaned up against walls and on tables. Bodies can even stack up on top of each other with realistic physics. It's awesome. It's such a simple feature but it really does bring you more into the game...

Then I go and play Resident Evil 6 and bodies disappear the second you kill them...

There's nothing lamer than killing 20 zombies only to look around and realize that you're in an empty room...

=/

How do you feel about disappearing bodies? Do you hate them as much as I do?
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#2SophisticationPosted 11/25/2012 2:59:32 PM
You mean like Gow? Haha... low bar. I hate in uncharted 2 and 3 how the enemies never react to your bullets. They just keep coming. Hell, even a swat at the wound would suffice. But nope... not in uncharted 2 ans 3. They did on Part 1 though. Why is that? Pathetic.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#3jsb0714Posted 11/25/2012 3:00:35 PM
I find it to not be a big deal at all.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#4RollingCradlePosted 11/25/2012 3:00:35 PM
Yes, I agree 100% TC.

GOW series is especially horrible at this.
#5Large_TonberryPosted 11/25/2012 3:01:24 PM
You should play Hotline Miami.
#6servb0tsPosted 11/25/2012 3:02:12 PM
I for one like disappearing bodies, because if they stay there game act glitchy and sometimes freezes or lags.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#7crazyman32Posted 11/25/2012 3:02:49 PM(edited)
no,I don't care if bodies disappear because,they are dead already so if a cleanup crew wants to sneak in and take them away it's fine with me.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 11/25/2012 3:02:37 PM
Sophistication posted...
You mean like Gow? Haha... low bar. I hate in uncharted 2 and 3 how the enemies never react to your bullets. They just keep coming. Hell, even a swat at the wound would suffice. But nope... not in uncharted 2 ans 3. They did on Part 1 though. Why is that? Pathetic.

Binary Domain they react to the bullets. They'll keep coming after you too even if they're legs are blown off. I believe also Max Payne 3 the enemy reacts differently to where you shoot them and with what ammo.
Also the Last of Us will have enemy A.I. reacting differently so I guess Naughty Dog learned a few things...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9RayconPosted 11/25/2012 3:02:41 PM
Dead Space 2.

How the hell am I supposed to loot the bodies when they're disappearing before I'm done killing everything!?
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#10true_gamer80Posted 11/25/2012 3:03:35 PM
nothing ruins immersion more then holding a controller...I mean Im not there, it just feels like Im holding a controller making whatever move on screen...that not immersion...this gen sucks!
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related