This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tomb Raider details - Lara wont be able to swim and there's regenerating health

#111jammiesPosted 11/26/2012 11:36:35 AM
killak posted...
I know a guy that got shot 8 times recently and lived with fairly small damage(bleeding lung). Anyway, Lara's health should be realistic you know? Shot a few times, die or spend a long time in the hospital followed by months of rehab.
Seriously, what's with the crying about health regen? It's not like med packs or soda cans or whatever alternative they used would be more realistic.

Clearly you've never seen someone with a broken leg, walk over a Sandwich that was conveniently placed on the ground, and had their broken leg healed.

lol

Wait, on second thought...
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#112Devilman_AmonPosted 11/26/2012 11:37:24 AM
killak posted...
Also, the hunting is for food and upgrade skill points.

Does everyone remember in GTA: San Andreas, that you had to eat? Do you also remember that running over health packs, didn't stop your hunger?

Is the picture starting to get bigger?

Think of how pointless Yakuza would be with all that food and stuff you collect and buy if it had auto regen. It doesn't.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#113faris_ruhiPosted 11/26/2012 11:39:54 AM(edited)
Removing swimming is still an absurdly stupid move. It's Tomb Raider. You don't take out swimming. And you're on an island of all places and the developers themselves have stated survival is the main premise. Why take out swimming if you have that in mind? It's pure laziness. They better take the criticism they get for removing it hard and make damn sure they bring it back without removing anything else that critical in the next TR game. There's no excuse for why swimming isn't in this game.

My stance on this exactly. And what people don't seem to understand is, having the swimming option in the game does not mean automatically that there is going to be a swimming level, going underwater, opening levers and stuff like that (which are typically what a swimming level involves and is just thrown in by many devs, which leads to a crappy level). The best example I can think of for a level made great because swimming was available (recently) is Uncharted 3's shipyard level. That level was so dynamic because you were able to swim, there were just so many more ways to tackle the situation and it added a lot of variety.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#114VincentVanTroIlPosted 11/26/2012 11:41:27 AM
Look, its clear this game is basically going to be Tombraider- Uncharted edition, which isn't really a bad thing.

No swimming? just means there won't be water levels. Who likes swimming sections in games anway? Almost no one.

Regenerating health- the ever controversial thing- on one end- its unrealistic to crouch behind cover and heal that half a clip of FMJ you just ate in the torso- but its also stupid to get that health pack from a first aid kid, or eating something, and worse to hit a brick wall because you didn't conserve health packs well enough at a boss fight.

This is a videogame- not real life.

The game could still employee an injury and eating system where you lose max health potential, and get groggy/slow if you don't eat or patch up wounds.
Do you mind actually explaining how this game looks anything like Uncharted? Because the majority of the time people say this crap it turns out they've never played a TR game before.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#115geekneck99Posted 11/26/2012 11:47:08 AM
The game could still employee an injury and eating system where you lose max health potential, and get groggy/slow if you don't eat or patch up wounds.

Yeah, I imagine that something similar to the system in MGS3 wouldn't be so bad.
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#116Broccoli92Posted 11/26/2012 11:50:38 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
Health Regen means no buy for me. I hate that crap.

Yeah same here. it's not realistic having health regen.
---
Intel i5 3470, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB, 8GB GSkill Sniper, Asrock Z77 PRO3, WD 1TB, PSU: Enermax 650w
#117LeatherhidePosted 11/26/2012 12:40:47 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
LionheartCJ posted...
Are there any action/shooter games that DON'T use regenerating health these days?, serious question....

MAG

Serious Sam 3. It is that manly.

But I get your point, it seems to be a thing of the past.
---
Fallout 3 isn't Oblivion with guns, it's Fallout 3 with Guns.
#118gamestop27Posted 11/26/2012 1:04:11 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
Who likes swimming sections in games anway? Almost no one.

You have Tomb Raider fans complaining about the removal of swimming sections and now all of a sudden no one likes them because you said so.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#119majin nemesisPosted 11/26/2012 1:04:16 PM
deathsaber79 posted...
No swimming? just means there won't be water levels. Who likes swimming sections in games anway? Almost no one.

i do at least in TR since they were always good
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#120osboesPosted 11/26/2012 1:09:11 PM
Wow that'd be strange. I guess I'll keep an open mind about it. Tomb Raider has been going stale a bit lately so hopefully if it's a unique experience, I'll still enjoy it. Got to really finish that HD trilogy off. I'm burnt out on Tomb Raider games atm.