This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Large open World hack n' slash games.

#11Raven_CyarmPosted 11/25/2012 5:22:34 PM
Captain_Urahara posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Captain_Urahara posted...
Dark Souls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fyar4wJ3-Y

Sounds like someone can't handle the game.

Edit: Besides, TC just added in that he has it.

Instant fanboy desense: He doesn't like a Souls game. HE MUST BE BAD AT IT!

Nope, it's just a mediocre uninspired game with undeserved praise.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#12Kingmichael1337Posted 11/25/2012 5:27:31 PM
if dark souls counts as open world then the witcher 2 if you have a gaming pc or xbox 360. ps3 players don't get that game LOL
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#13Captain_UraharaPosted 11/25/2012 5:28:16 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Instant fanboy desense: He doesn't like a Souls game. HE MUST BE BAD AT IT!

Nope, it's just a mediocre uninspired game with undeserved praise.

Instant hater defense?

I only say that because the only people I've seen post stuff like that are those who aren't necessarily bad, but just can't cope with the game's difficulty and patience required. Nice way to make yourself look bad I guess.
#14Devilman_AmonPosted 11/25/2012 5:31:09 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
if dark souls counts as open world then the witcher 2 if you have a gaming pc or xbox 360. ps3 players don't get that game LOL

360 players dont get Yakuza, JoJo All Star Battle and Persona 5 so I'm fine with that.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#15Captain_UraharaPosted 11/25/2012 5:32:24 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...

I can vouch for that. Damn good game. I didn't recommend it since this is the PS3 board but yes if TC has a good PC or a 360 then I recommend it.
#16firefoxts5Posted 11/25/2012 5:37:27 PM
skyrim
---
psn: Overlord-Fox---gamertag: Overlord foxx
#17Kingmichael1337Posted 11/25/2012 5:48:39 PM
also i've been playing assassin's creed 2 and it's basically this. there's a lot of sword-fighting if you want (the game kinda encourages you to be stealthy, but the combat is pretty easy anyway), and it's not totally open-world like skyrim or red dead redemption (a lot of the country-side between cities is skipped so you get loading screens instead), but certainly way more so than a lot of the games itt. think grand theft auto set several hundred years ago. i mean, technically it seems like the story is in a present day simulation of the past, but whatever.

plus i hear the other games are basically like this but with different settings.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#18shawnmckPosted 11/25/2012 6:13:09 PM
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
While not really an open world, it is very beautiful looking landscapes and the environments are well detailed and varied (although it has fixed camera angles). Plus it is full of hack n' slash combat and some really cool bosses.

Demon's Souls (pretty much the spiritual predecessor of Dark Souls)
Basically the predecessor of Dark Souls, so it plays a lot like a more linear version of DS and is also more navigable.
If you like Dark Souls, you'll like this as well.

Dead Island
It's open world, has a ton of weapons to find & upgrade, and has brutal & bloody melee combat. Plus you do lots of quests.
Its in First-Person though.
Also allows you to re-play with all your stuff (New Game +).

^ All of those are among my personal favorites.
#19ipwnu713Posted 11/25/2012 6:15:26 PM
Prototype 1 and 2.
---
Dell Inspiron 620: 3.3GHz i3 2120 - Sapphire HD7750 - 4GB RAM - 1TB HDD - Dual 1440x900 Monitors
Asus TF101 - Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 - Xperia Play R800x