This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is MAG still active?

#1fallenswordsPosted 11/25/2012 6:36:05 PM
topic.

i want to get it but i dont feel like wasting money on a dead game.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#2iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/25/2012 6:36:54 PM
The game was already dead when it launched.
#3ToastyAnakinPosted 11/25/2012 6:40:16 PM
The game itself is a waste of money. Helped cement Zipper into death.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#4SophisticationPosted 11/25/2012 10:10:20 PM
Another stupid Sony idea...

We can stack Little Big Planet, LBP karting, Wonder Book, buying Evolution studios, PS HOME, The PS store redesign, Letting Insomanic run R&C into the ground, Letting Insomniac make Resistance, PSP GO, PSVITA, Uncharted 3 and MAG all into one category --- THE WHAT WERE THEY THINKING CATEGORY!!!???

Hell, if you want to burn money and throw it away -- Give it to me, Sony.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#5SophisticationPosted 11/25/2012 10:11:41 PM
Oopps, Forgot one -- Investing in Ninja Theory and giving them millions of dollars to create an engine for Heavenly Sword and then poop canning it all. They should have never let those idiots have a dime of money and that game concept would've been tossed right into the garbage upon presentation if I were running the show.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#6zemzeroPosted 11/25/2012 10:23:44 PM
But MAG was awesome when it was active. It crapped all over COD and BF. Was the game too sophisticated for you, or what?
#7SophisticationPosted 11/25/2012 10:28:42 PM
zemzero posted...
But MAG was awesome when it was active. It crapped all over COD and BF. Was the game too sophisticated for you, or what?

Nope, on the contrary it wasn't sophisticated enough for me... I like complex things. I don't like playing as a gun and shooting other people in mindless online deathmatch modes that have been beat to death for over 15 years now with no innovation.

WOW, they added 200 player maps?? Really? Did you ever see one? Because there was never more than 15 people playing the damn game at any given time. It was stupid! The whole idea... The whole concept. All of it. Someone needed to shoot that game out of a blunderbuss.
---
#8R15KPosted 11/25/2012 10:36:28 PM
Sophistication posted...
zemzero posted...

Nope, on the contrary it wasn't sophisticated enough for me... I like complex things. I don't like playing as a gun and shooting other people in mindless online deathmatch modes that have been beat to death for over 15 years now with no innovation.

WOW, they added 200 player maps?? Really? Did you ever see one? Because there was never more than 15 people playing the damn game at any given time. It was stupid! The whole idea... The whole concept. All of it. Someone needed to shoot that game out of a blunderbuss.

That's not true, we had plenty of nights will hundreds of full games and 10k+ players online for years. It was fairly well received but not supported like it should have been. Was a good active community for several years. Only real problem was everyone played sEVR...

Sounds like you just don't like FPS's but instead of being rational and just playing something else you come here and yell at those that do like them.
#9zemzeroPosted 11/25/2012 10:49:09 PM
Sophistication posted...
zemzero posted...

Yeah, I've seen 256 people playing the game at once, loads of times. That was what the game was about and it was epic.

Care to explain in a thoughtful manner on why you hate the game? You know, some kind of tangible thought other than "just because".
#10tonyalmaedaPosted 11/25/2012 10:51:05 PM
Sophistication what crawled up your crack?

MAG was the $#!%

S.V.E.R. 4 life
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord