This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new Tomb Raider just too a huge hit and is now down for the count

#1SophisticationPosted 11/25/2012 10:42:14 PM
with me... I never really liked the franchise, but I did play through the last game and felt it looked and played better than any of the uncharted games. It had more depth for sure.

But I'm always leery about remakes or reboots or re envisioning stuff... Something that struck me odd about what the developer said in the recent interview about no swimming and regen health, though:

"Our game will focus on a younger Lara whose only aim will be survival in a harsh environment with nothing much to help her."

Let that sink in for a second... The survival part. We are to focus on trying to make a young lara survive the harsh environments she's been thrown into with nothing to help her, right?

And then they put auto health regen... That, to me, seems like a pretty big help. Just saying...
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#2CrimsonGear80Posted 11/25/2012 10:45:56 PM
with me

I'm sure Square Enix is peeing themselves because of this news.....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#3zemzeroPosted 11/25/2012 10:46:54 PM
I know right, the game doesn't even make Lara sleep or go to the bathroom. Does it even make Lara eat? Who survives without those things?

Pfft, not much surviving going on...
#4Jx1010Posted 11/25/2012 10:51:16 PM(edited)
The first things people complain when thrown into the woods for survival:

- No bathrooms and having to do necessities ''out there''
- No showers
- No food...having to learn how and what to eat
- Boredom... most people say theres nothing to do even when they go camping

I bet u 100% this game doesnt deal with any of this,
their survival is more focused on violence and killing

---
Charlie Sheen wins!
#5TheTrueNubPosted 11/25/2012 10:51:52 PM
I never expected actually gameplay about surviving, just the concept of survival which I'm still getting so far.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#6Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:53:11 PM
I wanna see her start a fire with a stick and some leafs... Maybe even add move support for this feature alone. "ha"

I wanna see her doing some Macgyver **** to survive, like sucking the air out of a tire while she's pinned underwater... Oh wait, she doesn't swim.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:58:09 PM
TheTrueNub posted...
I never expected actually gameplay about surviving, just the concept of survival which I'm still getting so far.

So, as long as you get to watch some cut scenes of her surviving you'll be fine? The game can be all bang, bang, kill, kill and that is going to constitute a leap forward for you? That warranted another game basically, right?

Dunno about you, but I'd kind of like a change of pace in gameplay for once... I'd like to finally see something different for a change. I'd like to not kill, kill, kill as much and focus on a deeper, more rewarding experience... Again, I don't know about you, but when I've finished a game and look back on the absurd body counts and how they all looked the same -- there is no satisfaction to be had. I've killed 400 to 600 of the same people. It makes it pointless. I'd rather look back and see a 13 to 15 body count and a whole lot of exploration and traps and perils I avoided to survive than anything else.
---
#8doraemonllh1989Posted 11/25/2012 11:12:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 11:15:49 PM
#10riddlebox89Posted 11/25/2012 11:21:45 PM