This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new Tomb Raider just too a huge hit and is now down for the count

#31kangaroozPosted 11/26/2012 1:11:31 AM
I agree with the TC. I was excited for this game when i saw the E3 trailer with the part where she was hunting the deer and they said there will be a focus on survival. Then i see later previews and as soon as she finds the bow there is literally a deer right in front of her. She hit it with an arrow and it ran away for 2 seconds and stopped so she could get another shot in. I'm sure it will get harder but it was still pretty disappointing to see how shallow the gameplay is. Just another game with action prompts for basic stuff like opening doors and quick time events (aren't people sick of those yet?).
---
R.I.P. True Survival Horror 1996-2005
#32KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/26/2012 2:24:02 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Good, means one less mongoloid going around the TR boards preaching how much they think the game sucks and acting as if their opinion is fact.

Lol.
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#33Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 3:06:45 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Good, means one less mongoloid going around the TR boards preaching how much they think the game sucks and acting as if their opinion is fact.

Lol.

Your sense of humor is a low mark on society... You find it funny that a lunatic has called someone a mongoloid. Someone he does not know. A stranger. I can make the claim that he's a lunatic because his bizarre, angry, misguided, misdirected creepy behavior.

You think this guy is someone to idolize? Be my guest... I choose to be more sophisticated and personable.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded Sophistocrats.
#34TheTenth10Posted 11/26/2012 3:54:47 AM
I'm sad to have lost Lara as a strong, confident and powerful person to an afraid teenager. I don't need psychology and trauma, I need fun and mystery.
#35majin nemesisPosted 11/26/2012 6:17:53 AM
the auto health regen is there to give noobs a crutch and to screw with people that want there games to be a little challenging
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#36AlltraPosted 11/26/2012 6:26:25 AM
Most of the time, "Survival" in video games amounts to resource management and tactics to minimize losses.

To that end, taking away management of your health seems like a bad idea.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#37almasbabyPosted 11/26/2012 6:30:16 AM
Well she does kill a pack of wolves while caught in a bear trap, so I guess she must have some sort of weapon on her. I don't think she just screams them away. It's a false premise that Lara is any less badass in this game then in previous games. She just bleeds and limps in this one which is supposed to "humanize" her, the reason why we're supposed to care more for this "vulnerable", less buxom creature than the Lara we've come to love from the past.
#38ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/26/2012 6:44:30 AM
Sophistication posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Lol.

Your sense of humor is a low mark on society... You find it funny that a lunatic has called someone a mongoloid. Someone he does not know. A stranger. I can make the claim that he's a lunatic because his bizarre, angry, misguided, misdirected creepy behavior.

You think this guy is someone to idolize? Be my guest... I choose to be more sophisticated and personable.

How does lol equal idolization? You jumped to a few unnecessary conclusions there. What will your sophisticrat friends think?
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#39RollingCradlePosted 11/26/2012 7:13:26 AM
They better include boob physics or I'm out.
#40JoveHackPosted 11/26/2012 7:27:44 AM
The original games were all about exploration of the cleverly designed levels. Figuring out how to use Lara's abilities to get to where you wanted to go.

The new games are all about Lara, because reviewers love to talk about her. To the point that the developers started to think she's the important part of the game.

It was like that recent preview video where the employee prattled on and on about the characters' backstories. I'm not paying money to play a soap opera.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com