This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Gametrailers ruin their website?

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 11/26/2012 12:48:58 AM
Not that I visited it much before but God damn I just went there now and it looks like liquid ****. The damn videos take forever to buffer now and dip in and out of HD and 280p wtf.
Why would they design their website to run worse?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2bartz90Posted 11/26/2012 12:54:15 AM
No one knows. Maybe a motivational speaker convinced them that pointless change is good.

It was near perfect as it was before. At least compared to the butchering they did to it. I used to visit a lot. Now not so much.
---
-
#3Shadowblade2Posted 11/26/2012 1:42:06 AM
Did you change your video settings from Streaming to Progressive and then HD? It'll force HD all the time if you do that. Videos run fine for me other than that. Only thing I don't like about the new site is you don't get that big list of all the videos in release order on the front page anymore. It was so convenient.
---
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
#4Vs1991Posted 11/26/2012 2:02:47 AM
its not only their main site that's ass. they had broken forums for the longest time and when they finally fix them, they got rid of factions that were the main reason alot of regulars went there. terrible site now
#5ChaingunmasterPosted 11/26/2012 2:05:12 AM
It's the videos that insist I've already watched them that annoy me, it just jumps to the replay button every time I try playing them.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#6Jon_GodPosted 11/26/2012 2:11:02 AM
I stopped visiting it once it stopped letting me easily download videos in Safari.

That and all the ads.

-JG
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#7Wario_manPosted 11/26/2012 2:12:17 AM
I only ever went there to download Angry Video Game Nerd videos and now since he's stopped making videos, more or less I've really no reason to go there.
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#8KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/26/2012 2:21:14 AM
I was a regular 6 months ago. Now I visit rarely.
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#9AskeladdPosted 11/26/2012 5:28:24 AM
HD youtube killed the site for me.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#10Dark_SpiretPosted 11/26/2012 5:31:12 AM
i stopped going there once they changed their forums which are some of the worst iv ever seen.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2