This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game has the best cutscenes of these two? MGS4 or DMC4?

#1HerrxPosted 11/26/2012 7:41:59 AM
Best cutscenes and reasons why you think that. Metal Gear Solid 4 or Devil May Cry 4?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2BeastLeeAdamsPosted 11/26/2012 7:43:41 AM
I have only played DMC 4, but MGS4 better have the best if they are as long as people say they are.
#3true_gamer80Posted 11/26/2012 7:46:12 AM
If your into cheesey B movie quality scenes or fight scenes that resemble a choreographed ballet instead of an actual fight thenhow can anyone not choose mgs4
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#4AalviPosted 11/26/2012 7:48:41 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
If your into cheesey B movie quality scenes or fight scenes that resemble a choreographed ballet instead of an actual fight thenhow can anyone not choose mgs4

uhhhh what?

how does it resemble ballet?
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#5Large_TonberryPosted 11/26/2012 7:50:34 AM
Aalvi posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

uhhhh what?

I think he's referring to Vamp & Raiden, with all their flamboyancy and pirouettes.
#6true_gamer80Posted 11/26/2012 7:59:32 AM(edited)
Large_Tonberry posted...
Aalvi posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

uhhhh what?

I think he's referring to Vamp & Raiden, with all their flamboyancy and pirouettes.

I was lol....Im ot hating on the game it just some of the scenes....are bad lol

DMC also has alot of goofiness etc but it doesnt take its story so serious like MGS4....this just makes all the cheese and silly scenes that much worse...hard to like cutscenes in a serious story when you have a "vampire" and a "ninja" having a dance off or the ton of other cheesey stuff in the cutscnes
---
#7ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/26/2012 7:54:05 AM
Large_Tonberry posted...
Aalvi posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

uhhhh what?

Haha yeah they do that a lot now that I think about it
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#8tracazoidPosted 11/26/2012 7:55:15 AM(edited)
Aalvi posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

uhhhh what?

I assume he means highly choreographed fight scenes where no one would actually fight like that(See any Cyborg Ninja, Vamp or even the fight with Liquid Ocelot in the end of 4), yet both DMC and Metal Gear do that.

DMC was built on its cheesyness with its B movie quality cutscenes and juggling enemies in the air.

Overall I give it to Metal Gear yet both share that quality.
#9MlREFOXPosted 11/26/2012 7:55:27 AM
true_gamer80 posted...

Hahaha.....Amen to that!

Nothing kills a stealth espionage game more than bisexual vampires and androgynous cyborgs literally dancing on giant mechs with bladed shoes to "kill" them.

Part of me wants to like the MGS series because there is some great gameplay. Another part of me despises it to my core for the ridiculous crap that happens far too frequently.

I'm not a big DMC fan, but at least it doesn't pretend to be one thing than throw demons at you out of nowhere.
#10true_gamer80Posted 11/26/2012 8:01:01 AM(edited)
DMC was built on its cheesyness and B movie quality cutscenes and juggling enemies in the air.

Like I said above bith are def cheesey in alot of aspects but one doesnt take itself serious and the other does very much so...this just makes the silly scenes that much worse imo

I dont hate mgs4 gameplay wise but its story is horrid and put together badly...when he goes for dramatic scenes we get cheese alot of the times instead

An extremely serious tone to a story mixed with overdramatic cheese is not a good mix at all imo, instead of coming off as deep and emotional it comes off chilidish or silly alot of the times for me

---