This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do so many people hate added multiplayer?

#71NicodimusPosted 11/27/2012 11:42:43 AM(edited)
Because I play games to get away from people, not to deal with even f**king more of them.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#72Dillon360Posted 11/27/2012 12:19:31 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Because I play games to get away from people, not to deal with even f**king more of them.

Hahaha

As funny as that is, you actually have a great point...
---
The Walking Dead = Game of the Year
#73ChaingunmasterPosted 11/27/2012 12:22:26 PM
Ziggletooth posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
NeojianX posted...
The company while trying to kill off JRPGs abused multiplayer and download content. The games are cheap and lazy and the gamers playing them are cheaper. Talk about non game stuff while playing them being an ass. ... and that is not fun.

Not to mention they are online and Sony removed system functions while the NA 60gb PS3 was online.

Internet Connection - DISABLED! Forever!! You ASS!

wut

I don't know... I just don't know...

Does anyone here speak "head injury" and can translate?

I wouldn't bother, he's the only person I have on my ignore list. He's that bad.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#74AsucaHayashiPosted 11/27/2012 12:34:56 PM(edited)
There is absolutely no way at all to say that the resources spent on multiplayer would have been used to improve single player.
They may be used on single player, but it is 100% as likely that they would ruin it as improve it because there is no way to know how the money would have been used.

the fact is that we don't know anything when it comes to the allocation of resources and subsequent result between SP and MP.

however, what we do know is that effort and resources definitely are split.

we might not be able to say that resources spent on MP would have been used to improve SP, but we can easily say that all resources spent on SP would have been spent on improving SP.

the metro devs effectively removed the MP part of the equation because they believed that split resources would have resulted in a worse product... in this case it's not a hypothethical anymore since there's only one aspect of the game they can fail at as opposed to two(and either one would have dragged down the overall package).

Since nobody can answer me, maybe you will. How would Uncharted 2 have been better without multiplayer?

it's impossible to say anything about how a game would turn out after the fact.

uncharted 2 is a package that turned out amazing overall but the key point to remember here is that resources were still divided between two aspects of the game instead of one and as such there were two aspects of the game to fail at and either one would have dragged down the other and subsequently the overall game.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#75AydarkzeroPosted 11/27/2012 12:42:18 PM
the only case where i didn't like the multiplayer being added was for Assassins Creed 2 it still feels tacked on and it's pretty boring
---
Change the world?, Sounds like Maverick talk to me!