This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Region Free Right?

#1Tall GuyPosted 11/26/2012 12:58:42 PM
Hi,

I bought my machine in Europe (PAL), and I just bought a Region 1 game (NTSC I guess). As far as I recall, I can use my Europe PSN User to play the game without any problem right?

It's only important if I want to buy DLC (I have to buy from the NTSC user store) and the fact I will only be able to play Online with people from the US?

Can I use the European PSN User to play on a US server? or I have to switch to the US user in case I want to play online?

It's Ninja Gaiden Sigma by the way, I dont think i thas any DLC or Internet play soo...
---
"One must keep his friends close Raziel, and his enemies, even closer.." -- Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
#2este914Posted 11/26/2012 12:59:14 PM
Good game!
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#3Tall Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:09:27 PM
So I heard. If you veteran on it, check my question on the Ninja Gaiden board - maybe you can help (as the ninja gaiden board seems to be dead :-).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/935677-ninja-gaiden-sigma/64745503
---
"One must keep his friends close Raziel, and his enemies, even closer.." -- Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
#4Pereb27Posted 11/26/2012 1:10:27 PM
As you said, you have to buy DLC from the same region store.
You can however play online and earn trophies on your main PSN account, regardless of the region. I don't know if it chooses the server you're connecting to (assuming it's not a global server) depending on the GameID (US in this case), your Console ID (EU in this case) or PSN ID (in which case US if you use an US account, or EU with an EU account) though.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 11/26/2012 1:12:54 PM
I suppose you can. Have you tried it already? I dont see why not.
For example, I can download Gundam Battle Operation (I deleted it but whatever) from JPN PSN and play online with other Japanese players under my US PSN name
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6archizzyPosted 11/26/2012 1:12:57 PM
Tall Guy posted...
Hi,

I bought my machine in Europe (PAL), and I just bought a Region 1 game (NTSC I guess). As far as I recall, I can use my Europe PSN User to play the game without any problem right?

It's only important if I want to buy DLC (I have to buy from the NTSC user store) and the fact I will only be able to play Online with people from the US?

Can I use the European PSN User to play on a US server? or I have to switch to the US user in case I want to play online?

It's Ninja Gaiden Sigma by the way, I dont think i thas any DLC or Internet play soo...

Region free with PS3 games. Not PS1 or PS2. Also if you happen to use standard definition then it may or may not work depending on the game if you happen to be in that scenario.

As for online play it is based on the game. If you have a Japanese game it will connect to a Japanese server whether you are on a Euro account, USA account, or whatever.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#7badboyPosted 11/26/2012 1:15:14 PM(edited)
online depends on the game, some games separate the regions while others don't. it depends on the game region not the user.
#8Tall Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:17:30 PM
Great, so I can open the game now. Just wanted to make sure before :P
Thanks!
---