This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Platformer you most want to see brought back? Any system.

#11glory of power metalPosted 11/26/2012 7:54:58 PM
I tried to think of an obscure mediocre PS1 platformer that I could complain wasn't on the list, but I'm drawing a blank. Curse you, person who already said Jersey Devil!

But yeah, Ape Escape. The others I felt already hit their potential, but I'll never get sick of catching monkeys.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#12Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/26/2012 7:58:25 PM
I never played Jak and Daxter but I loved the R&C games and would love to see more games like that.

I don't really see what they can add to Crash or Spyro but I'd be interested to see them (as in Insomniac and Naughty Dog) try.
#13Bat178Posted 11/26/2012 7:59:27 PM(edited)
fhsfootball74 posted...
Jak seems to be the popular choice so far. Odd that Sony hasn't done anything with it despite releasing the HD Collection and what not. No votes for Tomba at all!? lol

The Lost Frontier flopped, that's why they haven't made a new Jak game since. Also, where is Sly? I know there is a 4th one in the works, but still.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#14Freelance_WolfPosted 11/26/2012 7:59:38 PM
None of those. I want Bubsy the Bobcat back, and maybe Earthworm Jim, but man, no more 3D please!!!!
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#15servb0tsPosted 11/26/2012 7:59:56 PM
I miss Conker on N64, even tho MS owns Rare now.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#16Bat178Posted 11/26/2012 8:04:48 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
None of those. I want Bubsy the Bobcat back, and maybe Earthworm Jim, but man, no more 3D please!!!!

The reason why Bubsy 3D was so bad was because it was rushed. They were originally suppose to keep developing it for 1 more year, but the execs forced them to release it early to compete with SM64, when it was still a beta, similar to what happened with Sonic 06. With better graphics, framerate and controls, it would have been a good game. They should remake it.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#17BenzychenzPosted 11/26/2012 8:27:22 PM
Hard choice between Spyro, Crash, Jak, Banjo Kazooie, and Ape Escape.
Went with Jak though.
---
I don't have a sig
#18SophisticationPosted 11/26/2012 8:37:36 PM
I remember the day I got Jersey Devil.. It was cold, sleeting and about to storm something fierce -- Funcoland, Gamestop these days, called me with my pre-order and said they got one copy in and that I had to get it before they closed that day or they had to re-stock it for sale. I walked 4, maybe even 5 miles to get that game... I remember it like it was yesterday, only it was many yesterdays ago. I remember it so vividly because I had a grocery bag full of nes and gen games with me that I had to trade in just to buy it...

:-(

Never the less, I went home and played the hell out of it... The only thing is, to this very day, I never beat it. I didn't know how to. The last level was like this odd hub world thing and you beat all the hubs and are left back at the main entrance town square bit, but I couldn't trigger anything to happen. X-men for the sega Genesis was the only other game that perplexed me so greatly -- On a whim one day, out of anger, I slapped the reset button and it took me to the last level.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#19th3nobodi3sPosted 11/26/2012 8:38:32 PM
banjo kazooie
mostly because instead of letting it die on an extremely high note they brought it back and ruined it
#20fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:16:33 PM
Bat178 posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
Jak seems to be the popular choice so far. Odd that Sony hasn't done anything with it despite releasing the HD Collection and what not. No votes for Tomba at all!? lol

The Lost Frontier flopped, that's why they haven't made a new Jak game since. Also, where is Sly? I know there is a 4th one in the works, but still.

I didn't list Sly because they are releasing the new game in just a few months.
---
In SMod we trust.