This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony Pulling out of the Console Market?

#1Newbie00Posted 11/26/2012 10:24:26 PM
I was talking to a friend and they told me that Sony's credit rating recently got downgraded to "junk" and that they were considering exiting the video game market e.g. no ps4.

any truth to this?
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#2SayoriaPosted 11/26/2012 10:28:31 PM
Considering their gaming branch is doing better than most of the rest of their branches, I don't see that happening.

Plus, I can say stuff too.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#3themegaman7Posted 11/26/2012 10:29:16 PM
My cousins's friend's brother's 2nd husband says the same thing. And I heard a rumor from my uncle that he also might have predicted Sega's downfall.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#4AwayFromHerePosted 11/26/2012 10:29:34 PM
Here's something important to remember:

Sony's credit rating means jacks*** to the general public, and unless investors are talking to you about, don't listen.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5crazyman32Posted 11/26/2012 10:29:45 PM
no they aren't pulling out of the market and the PS4 will be out in 2013 or 2014.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#6doraemonllh1989Posted 11/26/2012 10:29:47 PM
Look,I know you haters wanna bring down Sony by creating this threads,but you cant change anything,except by able to sleep well at night
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#7plasticman13Posted 11/26/2012 10:31:20 PM
Their gaming portion is the one doing the best. It will only get better once the Vita picks up. If anything, they'll focus more on gaming in the future.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 11/26/2012 10:33:26 PM
Motsu posted...
Considering their gaming branch is doing better than most of the rest of their branches.

They are ranked third in the smartphone market

"WSJ reported that Sony has climbed to the 3rd position of the global smartphone market share in Q3 2012, came behind Samsung and Apple. The raise was due to steeper declines from other competitors like HTC, Nokia, and RIM.

Earlier this month rating company Fitch downgraded Sony stock to Junk status "BB-"."

-the-magicbox.com
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9krullPosted 11/26/2012 10:34:14 PM
*random spaceballs reference*
---
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
-------<{Forever Begins Today}>-------
#10SophisticationPosted 11/26/2012 10:35:41 PM
PS4 hits October 15th 2013... I'd bet 85% of my sophistication on it and still have more sophistication than many of the Sony naysayers have. They aren't leaving the game industry. And for what? Why would they? So they could go belly up in their Tv and Computer departments? Music, Movies and Games are all Sony really, truly have left... the phones are picking up it seems, but the push is gonna hafta remain constant for them to gain ground there. We'll see.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.