This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony Pulling out of the Console Market?

#31SpotlessedenPosted 11/26/2012 10:14:34 PM
we will see PS4, i bet you my house.
#32SophisticationPosted 11/26/2012 10:18:09 PM
justinlynch3 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Nintendological posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Here's something important to remember:

Sony's credit rating means jacks*** to the general public, and unless investors are talking to you about, don't listen.

Not true. THQ is close to being delisted and nearly defaulted on a loan. They are very close to going under despite the success of titles like Darksiders. When there is fiscal trouble for a company, it matters to the consumer who has invested onterest in said company's product or ecosyste,. It is simply an even greatwr concern for those who have invested their dollars.

No they're not... Have you listened to Jason Rubin lately? Maybe you should start... Head over to his twitter and listen to his blogcast and stuff. Dude has a lock on THQ's future and by ending WWE and Darksiders and other stupid business ventures, he's on the right track. THQ brought him in after their financial woes to fix the company -- He's doing just that. You wait and see, THQ, under his leadership, will be huge next gen.

WWE a stupid venture?

If it wasn't for WWE THQ would probably already be out of business, that series is a yearly cash cow for THQ, and being the only wrestling game in the market, wrestling fans have no choice but to by it. They get away with selling bug ridden games and they still manage to increase pre-order sales every year. I hardly call that a stupid venture.

There is a reason THQ sold off UFC but kept WWE.

Well, Rubins wants to get rid of it and I think he's 100% right on the money in doing so... WWE, a cash cow? hahahahahahaha... WWE 13 hasn't even sold 600,000 units across Ps3 and Xbox 360 yet. That is not a cash cow. That is a liability and Rubin needs to cut it loose. And he will. He's smart.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#33ShineboxerPosted 11/26/2012 10:19:28 PM
plasticman13 posted...
plasticman13 posted...
That's a bad comparison considering that both of those handhelds did not have to contend with smartphones,tablets, etc. It's a completely different market and what worked back then sure as hell means absolutely nothing now. Even in Japan IOS and Andriod devices are now more popular than traditional japanese electronics.

The irrelevant argument about smart phones vs. handheld consoles starts again. I remember when the 3DS was doing bad, everyone was saying "It's because of smartphones! Handhelds will soon become irrelevant! Smart phones are eating into their market." Then once the 3DS start selling well, all of those smartphone BS arguments died out. Now with the Vita, the topic rises again!

Except The 3DS saw nice gain over the first year, Vita has not.

Invalid example.

Except the 3DS saw those nice gains because it got a $80 price cut within 5 months of release.

Nice try, troll.

At a horrible loss to artificially stimulate growth in the product. Sony has done no such thing to support vita

Still a bad example out/10
#344dfmaEFPosted 11/26/2012 10:23:21 PM
Shinetroll on the loose
#35plasticman13Posted 11/26/2012 10:27:24 PM
At a horrible loss to artificially stimulate growth in the product. Sony has done no such thing to support vita

I'm not even gonna bother anymore...
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#36ShineboxerPosted 11/26/2012 10:28:38 PM
plasticman13 posted...

I'm not even gonna bother anymore...

Don't, you have nothing to say.
#37justinlynch3Posted 11/26/2012 10:31:52 PM
Sophistication posted...
justinlynch3 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Nintendological posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Here's something important to remember:

Sony's credit rating means jacks*** to the general public, and unless investors are talking to you about, don't listen.

Not true. THQ is close to being delisted and nearly defaulted on a loan. They are very close to going under despite the success of titles like Darksiders. When there is fiscal trouble for a company, it matters to the consumer who has invested onterest in said company's product or ecosyste,. It is simply an even greatwr concern for those who have invested their dollars.

No they're not... Have you listened to Jason Rubin lately? Maybe you should start... Head over to his twitter and listen to his blogcast and stuff. Dude has a lock on THQ's future and by ending WWE and Darksiders and other stupid business ventures, he's on the right track. THQ brought him in after their financial woes to fix the company -- He's doing just that. You wait and see, THQ, under his leadership, will be huge next gen.

WWE a stupid venture?

If it wasn't for WWE THQ would probably already be out of business, that series is a yearly cash cow for THQ, and being the only wrestling game in the market, wrestling fans have no choice but to by it. They get away with selling bug ridden games and they still manage to increase pre-order sales every year. I hardly call that a stupid venture.

There is a reason THQ sold off UFC but kept WWE.

Well, Rubins wants to get rid of it and I think he's 100% right on the money in doing so... WWE, a cash cow? hahahahahahaha... WWE 13 hasn't even sold 600,000 units across Ps3 and Xbox 360 yet. That is not a cash cow. That is a liability and Rubin needs to cut it loose. And he will. He's smart.

Hasn't WWE 13 only been out like a month?

Anyway whatever, I don't know how many sales a month you need to have to be consider good. All I know is they sold off UFC and must have seen enough profit in WWE at least for now to keep it, or they would of gotten rid of that to.

I have heard THQ is changing their stragity though and are planning to produce all top quality games, I can only assume Saint's Row will be their leading series. Fine by me, SR 2 & 3 have been really fun, better then GTA 4. I'd be up for a SR 4 if THQ lives to make it.

I just hope SR never loses it comedy. If it turns to a carbon copy of GTA, then why bother, may as well buy GTA. At least now I'm willing to buy both (one serious (GTA), one easy going (SR)).
---
Mystic Forum - http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
NewGenerations - http://forum.newgenforums.net/topic/8090441/1/#new
#38materia101Posted 11/26/2012 10:53:40 PM
BlogFAQ inbound, honestly not trying to be a troll.

IMO, I could see Sony pulling out of something (inb4microsoft.) They have 3 core pillars, digital imaging (I assume this means Bravia and Vaio products and the like,) game, and mobile. Now judging from the fact they hit number 3 on android smartphones or something like that I think that is here to stay. Seeing as how Sony sold off their lcd assets to Samsung or something like that I would suggest they drop out of that area and just keep 2 pillars.

I couldn't care less about their tvs or their mobiles, but Playstation is important to me as a gamer. Where else can I get games like Uncharted, Ratchet, Gran Turismo, LBP, ICO games and inFAMOUS just to name a few? If PS goes, how else can I play them? If Sony goes, I'm left with Microsoft and Nintendo. I'm not interested in MS games, and Nintendo doesn't attract 3rd party as much as I wish they would. That leaves PC, and I know nothing about building a good gaming PC.

Then there is 3rd party games. Take Final Fantasy for example. It's only on PS and Xbox now. If Sony goes, what would Square-Enix do? Go MS exclusive? Please no. Would they go for a PC release? Doubtful. Many games are only on PS and Xbox. What then, eh?

I don't wanna see any of the big 3 go. Cometition keeps companies at their best (mostly) and Playstation fills a good gap of competition against other gaming companies. IMO less competition is always worse.

I guess this is where everyone says TL;DR or FANBOY!!!!! but I'd rather a good discussion.
---
This is a signature.
#39UniversquallPosted 11/26/2012 11:26:08 PM
You wish. No
---
After the Fallout