This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Er Muh Gerd! MGS4 finally on 360!

#21KenauePosted 11/27/2012 10:29:51 AM(edited)
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
It shouldn't have a BBFC rating on it either.

The web site says it's an import.

Edit: Note, I also don't know what the actual ratings are for British releases.
---
New England Patriots (8-3)
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders - (8-3)
#22Maaka198Posted 11/27/2012 10:33:40 AM
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/Metal-Gear-Solid-4-Guns-of-the-Patriots-25th-Anniversary-Edition/20989185/

The box art on the ps3 version still says only on playstation.
#23A_Nonny_MoosePosted 11/27/2012 10:34:39 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure all UK games are rated solely by PEGI now, not the BBFC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#24nonexistingheroPosted 11/27/2012 11:08:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 11:13:29 AM
SlyCooper23 posted...
I'd say misprint. And also considering it's minimum 5 disc for MGS4 on xbox, along with all the apple products in game, the ingame ps3 remote along with the PS3 on the nomad, I doubt Microsoft would want any of that.

This. The fact that xbox uses DVD format and not blu-ray would mean no matter what it would take about 5 discs.

That's one of the main reasons MGS4 is safe to stay exclusive is the file size. Come next gen. that could change and Konami might try to port it. Right now there isn't a console out there capable of handing the port.
#26king_maddenPosted 11/27/2012 11:15:18 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
SlyCooper23 posted...
I'd say misprint. And also considering it's minimum 5 disc for MGS4 on xbox, along with all the apple products in game, the ingame ps3 remote along with the PS3 on the nomad, I doubt Microsoft would want any of that.

Ugh, you PS3 fanboys need to stop being idiots -__-

- The grand majority of MGS4's size is thanks to the uncompressed sound on the disc
- The 360 is much better at reading compression. Unless you have a $1000+ soundset, they could just release it on 2 discs max without a noticeable difference on just about every single cheaper soundset.
- If they decide to just give it the same sound quality as other high-profile 360 games, they could probably even fit it on a single 360 disc.

welp we'll never know because its clearly not real.

hes a fanboy because he said it would have 5 discs and all the apple and ps3 logos would be a turn off? ohhhhhh he showed MS!
#27toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 11:18:27 AM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
SlyCooper23 posted...

Ugh, you PS3 fanboys need to stop being idiots -__-

- The grand majority of MGS4's size is thanks to the uncompressed sound on the disc
- The 360 is much better at reading compression. Unless you have a $1000+ soundset, they could just release it on 2 discs max without a noticeable difference on just about every single cheaper soundset.
- If they decide to just give it the same sound quality as other high-profile 360 games, they could probably even fit it on a single 360 disc.

It would be more then two discs for sure buddy. My guess is 4 discs at minimum. That's also factoring in the compression of many things is going to make it inferior off the bat.

You actually sound stupid when you say it's possible on one disc. If that was the case they would have done that with every other game xbox got multiples discs of while PS3 got one.

FF13
MGS HD
I can go on and on.
#28killakPosted 11/27/2012 11:18:29 AM
This. The fact that xbox uses DVD format and not blu-ray would mean no matter what it would take about 5 discs.

That's one of the main reasons MGS4 is safe to stay exclusive is the file size. Come next gen. that could change and Konami might try to port it. Right now there isn't a console out there capable of handing the port.

Hitman Absolution

PS3 18GB
360 9 GB

Just because a game uses alot on the PS3, doesn't automatically mean it will on the 360.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil
#29toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 11:19:39 AM
killak posted...

Hitman Absolution

PS3 18GB
360 9 GB

Just because a game uses alot on the PS3, doesn't automatically mean it will on the 360.

You just proved my point.
#30nonexistingheroPosted 11/27/2012 11:20:09 AM
Only the sound would need to be compressed and I already said why it's not a problem to do so.

The 360 has games that have better graphics (including textures) and much more explorable area than MGS4 that fit on a single disc. There is no reason for why it wouldn't be able to fit on a single disc.

Hell, Dark Souls is one of those games. It's only like 5 GB in actual game size on the 360. If they were to decide to put MGS4 on the 360, that still leaves more than a disc worth of space for voice acting & sound alone, assuming they'd go for a 2-disc approach.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.