This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Er Muh Gerd! MGS4 finally on 360!

#41Darth_ElusivePosted 11/27/2012 12:35:41 PM
I really don't care about it. This generation will come to an end in less than two years.
3rd party exclusive is becoming rare breed. Developers and all console manufacturer will get in an orgy that will produce multi-platform games one after another.

At the very least, 3rd party console exclusive will be reduced to time-exclusive and/or exclusive DLC.

What annoys me more is the double dipping: a game was first announced as a console exclusive but later appears on competing console with some extras. I would appreciate it if they could just say it from the start which and when each console is getting their respective version of the same game so consumes can plan out their purchase. That of course is not going to happen since they want us to buy as many duplicate copies as possible.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#42pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/27/2012 12:38:28 PM(edited)
Gfaqs still has it as an ps3 exclusive and there is no board on it at all plus the price 4 year old game 50 bucks seems that it isn't real plus it says it pushes playstation 3 makes it a misprint.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#43FOXSOLIDPosted 11/27/2012 12:39:00 PM
360 Player: *Inserts Disc*.... *installs*....*Presses Start*......"Please Insert Disc 2"....... 0_o
#44toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 12:41:04 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Gfaqs still has it as an ps3 exclusive and there is no board on it at all plus the price 4 year old game 50 bucks seems that it isn't real plus it says it pushes playstation 3 makes it a misprint.

No crap it's a misprint. Can't you tell from the posts it's a joke thread.

The day it's officially ported you'll know. Which I don't see happening till next gen. at the earliest. Which I don't even know if that will happen.
#45killakPosted 11/27/2012 12:41:31 PM
360 Player: *Inserts Disc*.... *installs*....*Presses Start*......"Please Insert Disc 2"....... 0_o

This running gag would honestly be funnier if the 360 multi disc games weren't a single digit percentage of it's entire library
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#46pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/27/2012 12:43:40 PM
From: toastedmuffin89 | Posted: 11/27/2012 11:41:04 AM | #044
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...

No crap it's a misprint. Can't you tell from the posts it's a joke thread.

The day it's officially ported you'll know. Which I don't see happening till next gen. at the earliest. Which I don't even know if that will happen.

Of course it is but some people on here will take it seriously as usual.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#47toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 12:46:59 PM(edited)
FOXSOLID posted...

Yeah it will be like MGS on PS1 when Otacon comes on the codec saying to put in disc 2. Expect on xbox he will come on codec at the end of every act asking you to insert the next disc.

I think MGS4 has 5 acts so literally talking about almost a disc per act.

Maybe with all the compression they do they can knock it down some but no matter what if it even got ported to xbox it would be at least 3 discs.
#48FOXSOLIDPosted 11/27/2012 12:45:47 PM
killak posted...

This running gag would honestly be funnier if the 360 multi disc games weren't a single digit percentage of it's entire library

Strictly talking about MGS4.
#49killakPosted 11/27/2012 12:51:44 PM
I think MGS4 has 5 acts so literally talking about almost a disc per act.

You are literally talking out of your ass as this point.

Maybe will all the compression they do they can knock it down some but no matter what if it even got ported to xbox it would be at least 3 discs.

If they use some fancy MS codec and can compress it right down with no visual bitrate difference, I'd say 2 discs at MAX, and not the full 2 discs.

it's only huge on PS3 because it's a slower spinning disc, everything is uncompressed so as to stream the data. It's a mess on the original disc. Look at the chapter install sizes, and then look at the "full install size". It doesn't match up because the game is able to more efficient on the hard disk vs the blu-ray.

I guaran-damn-tee you, that if that full install was a mandatory one from the very beginning, it probably wouldn't have even been a single layer blu-ray
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#50killakPosted 11/27/2012 12:52:15 PM
Strictly talking about MGS4.

Doesn't change my point.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na