This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gonna get an ssd

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. gonna get an ssd
4 years ago#1
480 gigs. Worth it?
PSN: Nightwing1390
4 years ago#2
For your PC, yes.

For your PS3, a 480GB SSD sure as hell won't give you your money's worth in a PS3. Minimal difference unless it's a texture streaming game like RAGE
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
4 years ago#3
Also....worth what? Price needed I would imagine to get accurate answer :)
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
-------<{Forever Begins Today}>-------
4 years ago#4
need a brand too
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
4 years ago#5
I'm actually quite impressed by TC's desire to use a 480gb SSD

I don't even have one that big on my rig.

But don't do TC, it's just a waste really.
4 years ago#6
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004W2JL3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8
4 years ago#7
I know nothing about these really but...no way is this gonna be worth 400$ for whatever extremely minimal performance increase you see on some small portion of games...Don't think the bottleneck is in any way solely the hard drive as it could be in a pc and games aren't designed to even use the extra umph except yeah, streaming games that tax the system so much that a slight boost could be noticeable IF the bottleneck isn't RAM or something else anyway.
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
4 years ago#8
also, be careful because some OCZ and Crucial models suffer the cold boot issue ie they don't work well as a primary harddrive.

I went through 3 SSD's before settling on my Kingston (for my PC) because they all had the cold boot issue
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
4 years ago#9
Interesting. Thanks guys. I think I'll wait a bit.
4 years ago#10
To add one more thing, a 360 comparison, playing games off a slow old hard drive or usb or and brand new much faster one, the only difference is load times on 95% of games and even that not that much of a difference, the engines themselves not utilizing extra but loading just tries to max out and will help slightly moreso in games with slow and or frequent loading issues for obvious reasons.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. gonna get an ssd

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived