This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In terms of graphics on PS3/360 nothing beats Beyond: Two Souls

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 11/27/2012 11:30:12 AM
Nothing.

Not Uncharted, not The Last of Us, not Halo 4, Not Gears, Not GT5, not Forza, not Skyrim/Oblivion (lol), not Killzone 2 or 3, not Battlefield, not God of War 3, not Heavy Rain, not FF XIII, not GTAIV (or V) and not Last Rebellion.

And yes even though Watch Dogs was shown on PC, the character models did not look better.

And by graphics I mean photo realism. I'm not talking about Art Style (or else I would be talking about games like Sonic Generations, Valkyria Chronicles, Catherine, El Shaddai, Super Mario Galaxy etc)

It even rivals Agnis Philosophy demo which Square-Enix said is not possible on current gen consoles (though most of what S-E says and does these days is shady ****). Only thing it does better is the lighting though....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/27/2012 11:38:33 AM
They are pretty good.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#3methosagainPosted 11/27/2012 11:45:30 AM
Its easy for a game that is mostly just one big pre-rendered cut-scene to look good, same basic issue I had with Heavy Rain, its basically Dragon's Lair.
#4Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:48:08 AM
methosagain posted...
Its easy for a game that is mostly just one big pre-rendered cut-scene to look good, same basic issue I had with Heavy Rain, its basically Dragon's Lair.

No because Dragon's Lair is a movie. If Heavy Rain or Beyond wanted to be that way, they'd just use CGI FMV. But they don't so no it's not pre-rendered. It's real time engine which is succumb to all the performance issues a real time engine can potentially face with hardware. FMV is FMV it'll run fine regardless. Learn the difference.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#5methosagainPosted 11/27/2012 11:53:34 AM(edited)
Heavy Rain and Beyond Souls are limited games built upon a engine that is all pre-rendered and canned, and others no real player interactions outside rotating the analog stick or hitting buttons at prompts which initiates a cut-scene hence why they look so good. Not very impressive at all, when you actually take in account how little is actually going on.
#6Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/27/2012 11:57:49 AM
It doesn't even touch Agnis Philosophy.

Also, games that look better, from what we have seen:

-FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII
-METAL GEAR SOLID : Ground Zeroes
-The Last Guardian
-Gran Turismo 5

In my eyes, Beyond Two Souls is similar level to:
Uncharted (2/3) / Heavy Rain / FINAL FANTASY XIII / METAL GEAR SOLID 4 / The Last of Us / God of War 3 / God of War Ascension.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#7methosagainPosted 11/27/2012 12:00:13 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

-The Last Guardian
-Gran Turismo 5

Uncharted (2/3) / Heavy Rain / FINAL FANTASY XIII / METAL GEAR SOLID 4 / The Last of Us / God of War 3 / God of War Ascension.

GT5?????
#8Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 12:58:38 PM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

-The Last Guardian
-Gran Turismo 5

Your eyes need glasses

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/186gafe5tflzrjpg/original.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/BeyondTwoSouls/BEYOND_SCREEN_10.jpg

http://media.psu.com/media/articles/image/Beyond_1.jpg

GT5 loses because of unfinished cars.
Last Guardian is close but that falls more under art style
as its not entirely trying to be photo realistic (especially the boy)
Ground Zeroes doesn't compare especially Paco's face up close in comparison to Ellie's.
FF Versus XIII cannot compare because we already seen a downgrade in the character models from the first trailer to the more recent one; not to mention it's an open world game so there's no way that is happening.

FF XIII's hair and fingers are blocky
Uncharted's lighting is not as good neither are the character models especially the NPC's.
Heavy Rain is no where near close
The Last of Us lighting is not as good and there's jaggies; flatter textures.
God of War 3 / Acension also loses because of the NPC's
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:00:27 PM
methosagain posted...
Heavy Rain and Beyond Souls are limited games built upon a engine that is all pre-rendered and canned, and others no real player interactions outside rotating the analog stick or hitting buttons at prompts which initiates a cut-scene hence why they look so good. Not very impressive at all, when you actually take in account how little is actually going on.

You fully control Ellie's character in the forest when you are being chased therefore that is not a prerender. You fully control the characters in HR when you are investigating an area so that is not prerendered.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10killakPosted 11/27/2012 1:03:03 PM

Agreed.

If you can have a game that looks nearly as good, let's say GTA IV (or perhaps 5), yet you have a massive world to explore...... that trumps anything that looks better because it's under restrictive conditions.

Heavy Rain is not impressive. Can you walk out the front yard and view the neighbourhood with Ethan and his kids? nope, you have to go into the backyard, with the high fence and play there.

Incredibly linear games do look great, don't get me wrong, but i'll never choose one as a graphics king when there are games with open worlds and amazing detail out there.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots