This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What makes you so certain that PS4 will be out Q4 next year?

#11THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 11/27/2012 2:49:12 PM
No way Sony waits to release PS4 if Microsoft releases X720 Fall 2013. Sony literally can't afford to make the same mistake again of releasing it later. I'm very hopeful for the next PS, but I also understand that Sony can't fall behind again. I predict both Sony and Microsoft will announce their next gen consoles either at E3 2013, then release that Fall 2013.
#12darkstar4221Posted 11/27/2012 3:04:41 PM(edited)
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
No way Sony waits to release PS4 if Microsoft releases X720 Fall 2013. Sony literally can't afford to make the same mistake again of releasing it later. I'm very hopeful for the next PS, but I also understand that Sony can't fall behind again. I predict both Sony and Microsoft will announce their next gen consoles either at E3 2013, then release that Fall 2013.

Are you aware of the economic crisis in the U.S? The U.S economy will fall apart for sure by next year. Video game sales have been down in the U.S mainly because many gamers have no money, and job opportunities are scarce. It doesn't help that the cost of living in the U.S is so expensive.

It would be better for Sony and MS to wait until the market clears (ie the economy crashing) than release their consoles in 2014, maybe in late 2013 if they believe consumers will buy their consoles.
#13regsantotomasPosted 11/27/2012 3:12:03 PM
While no one outside of the respective companies and their partners themselves know for sure, there has been plenty of evidence to suggest that 2013 Q4 is a realistic bet for a console release perhaps by both Sony and Microsoft.

Could plans change? Sure. But it is LESS likely that at least one console isn't released by next year.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#14coldwinePosted 11/27/2012 3:19:04 PM
The U.S economy will fall apart for sure by next year.

Well thanks for giving me a good laugh. The economy has been on an upswing and will be stronger next year, not worse.

As for the original question, there are PS4 dev kits in the hands of developers. That means a new console in a year, barring production miscalculations.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange
#15AlltraPosted 11/27/2012 3:19:38 PM
Nothing leads me to think that.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#16TakeItInTheFacePosted 11/27/2012 3:58:32 PM
Judging by the launch of the Vita and seeing how Sony did everything wrong with that console that the did with the PSP... I'll go out on a limb and say that Sony will not learn from it's PS3 launch and will repeat all of the same mistakes again.

They spent the past 6 years playing catch up to M$ and now that they've finally taken the lead they will again rest on the laurels of their current system, wait patiently for M$ to make their move and then wait until the following year just as they did with the PS3.

Therefore I am certain that the PS4 will NOT be out Q4 next year!!

The good news for Sony: with the economy the way it is, people won't be as quick to jump to the next generation of consoles and will patiently wait to see which console is the best choice.
---
Collection of Cool - www.youtube.com/vza036
Check out my YouTube channel ^ Lots of cool stuff related to comic books and video games.