This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How dare Sony rip-off Smash Bros like that!

#21true_gamer80Posted 11/27/2012 2:40:41 PM
TakeItInTheFace posted...
I'm no Nintendo fanboy BUT Sony has a long history of ripping off Nintendo's best ideas and then making them better...

1) Analog controls (N64 did it first followed by PS1)
2) Rumble (same)
3) Motion controls (Wii -> Move)
4) All-Star game

These are just the really good ones... I'm sure there are many more.

for every lame ridiculous example you give ppl can give hundreds more of things nintendo has copied, followed or imitated aswell....

Not only is this nothing new with this industry its how every industry is pretty much...
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#22KenauePosted 11/27/2012 2:41:54 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
Kenaue posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Kenaue posted...
An early prototype of the Move controller was demoed in 2001. Boom.

motion controlling is decades old aswell...sure its improved but its nothing new making whoever brings up this point come off as a fool...

It's more or less a point that TC is being stupid. Everyone copies everyone. Nothing new here.

I fully agree, I was just adding to your point

I know. Hell, I remember the Power Glove.
---
New England Patriots (8-3)
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders - (8-3)
#23KenauePosted 11/27/2012 2:43:02 PM
Also, before I forget, I like the tablet controller Nintendo has with the Wii U. I didn't think I would, but I enjoy it....I just need to get more games than ZombiU.....
---
#24TakeItInTheFacePosted 11/27/2012 2:43:40 PM
Those aren't lame examples... those are huge innovations that Nintendo brought to consoles before anybody else.

What has Sony brought to consoles that Nintendo has blatantly ripped off?
---
Collection of Cool - www.youtube.com/vza036
Check out my YouTube channel ^ Lots of cool stuff related to comic books and video games.
#25servb0tsPosted 11/27/2012 2:44:15 PM
I'm no Nintendo fanboy BUT Sony has a long history of ripping off Nintendo's best ideas and then making them better...

1) Analog controls (N64 did it first followed by PS1)
2) Rumble (same)
3) Motion controls (Wii -> Move)
4) All-Star game

These are just the really good ones... I'm sure there are many more.

5. Mario Kart>Sony Kart games.
6. Mario Party>PS2 Namco & Pacman Party, Sega DC-Sonice Shuffle.
7. Wii Mii's-360 Avatars.
8. NEs-Duckhunt gun-Everything else.
9. 360 Achievements---PS3 Trophies.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#26true_gamer80Posted 11/27/2012 2:52:11 PM(edited)
Those aren't lame examples... those are huge innovations that Nintendo brought to consoles before anybody else.

What has Sony brought to consoles that Nintendo has blatantly ripped off?

there extremely lame examples considering nintendo has never never created a console without copying or borrowing heavily from something else...think ppl think........like I said this stupid game can go on and on with what nintendo has "copied" on both hardware and sotware, not only that bt aslo applications/functions etc etc....stop the stupidity...

All this "this" company copied that company is ridiculous...anyone with a lick of experience or knowledge can see why...its utterly impossible not to contradict yourself when playing this stupid game.....everyone in the industry from console makers to devs are guilty of this....welcome to the real world...
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#27BluntGruntPosted 11/27/2012 2:47:22 PM
How dare you post such a stupid topic! Oh, wait. You're just a bad troll.

Moving on.
---
?????
#28Gigahart_gaylorPosted 11/27/2012 2:53:35 PM
What you call ripping off, I call innovating. Almost all progress in the history of the world is made by taking someone else's ideas, and making them better. The PS Move is technically more advanced and more accurate than the Wii mote's waggle. And some people are even saying that Sony All Stars is better than Smash Bros.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
Anybody who says Dark Souls gameplay sucks is factually incorrect.
#29KenauePosted 11/27/2012 2:55:12 PM
Gigahart_gaylor posted...
What you call ripping off, I call innovating. Almost all progress in the history of the world is made by taking someone else's ideas, and making them better. The PS Move is technically more advanced and more accurate than the Wii mote's waggle. And some people are even saying that Sony All Stars is better than Smash Bros.

I can't comment on the PS3 version, but the Vita version is excellent. It's a shame Nintendo hasn't put out a portable Smash Bros...I'd buy that in a heartbeat too.
---
#30cloud4124Posted 11/27/2012 5:24:43 PM
ashcrv posted...
And they say Nintendo's kiddy. Yeah right! Just look at Sony. First they rip off the Wii with their Move waggle thingy and now this! What's next? PS4 having a tablet controller? Oh wait. It's most likely happening too!

Sony has to learn to think of their own ideas or just go to Nintendo if they love them so much instead of acting like little brats and calling names and stuff then ripping it off! For shame Sony! I used to love you and now you're just another rip-off company like Microsoft!

And why are you so mad? do u own a certain % of nintendo??? cause i can care less what companies do as long as its enjoyable
---
PSN ID: Ultimateevilz