This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japan makes the best action & RPG , West makes the best FPS & shooters

#31Devilman_AmonPosted 11/27/2012 6:55:59 PM
Shineboxer posted...

Awesome, So we've established that people DO care about FPS in Japan.

Not enough for Japanese developers to give a crap about making them. And no where near their top selling games to care.

Oh and your comment about Ni No Kuni and why it didn't sell? It'd probably please your anti loliness dimples to know that it was because

It wasn't "moe" enough
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#32TheWarHorsePosted 11/27/2012 6:56:31 PM
Joke topic? Japan is barely even relevant at this point. JRPG's are pretty much dead on consoles.
---
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME
#33kel25Posted 11/27/2012 6:56:51 PM
-Damien- posted...
kel25 posted...
-Damien- posted...
kel25 posted...
I would have to disagree about Japan making the best RPGs. Maybe in previous generations but they have really dropped the ball this generation.

Souls games picked up the ball and shove it up anyone's......who don't think they're the best

Oh you mean the most overrated game of this generation that wishes it was a WRPG? Yeah, I loved the lack of story, dull combat mechanics, pointless multiplayer, and waaaaaaay over-hyped difficulty.

I am seriously starting to think that the people that love the Souls have never touched a WRPG before. That is all the Souls games are, a poor WRPG wannabe that fails in every way possible.

don't hate the games just because you can't beat them

Can't beat them? I got the platinum for the first and never touched the second because it looked like more of the same trash. Hell, I probably got the platinum long before most people here even played the game. It was one of the easiest games I've played this generation.
#34GenjiRedPosted 11/27/2012 6:59:08 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Shineboxer posted...

Awesome, So we've established that people DO care about FPS in Japan.

Not enough for Japanese developers to give a crap about making them. And no where near their top selling games to care.

Oh and your comment about Ni No Kuni and why it didn't sell? It'd probably please your anti loliness dimples to know that it was because

It wasn't "moe" enough

Actually many Japanese gamers thought Ni no Kuni was a meh game and it indeed is.
---
If you believe in Pikachu, have accepted him as a cute lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#35SoaringDivePosted 11/27/2012 6:59:52 PM
They offer distinct styles in each genre.

For example, Vanquish VS Halo/Call of Duty/Battlefield/Every other western shooter that plays the same as the others.

Or Donkey Kong Country Returns VS New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Or Dark Souls VS Skyrim (huuuuge difference in style, influences and ideas).

Or Bayonetta VS Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

So, it all depends on what you want from a game.
---
PM me if you add me (I won't bite... hard)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#36mrmickfranPosted 11/27/2012 6:59:54 PM
Vs1991 posted...
hmm thats funny cause the best shooter this gen is vanquish, which is a japanese game

Came in to say this :P
---
Playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Sin & Punishment 2
Waiting For: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2
#37-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 7:01:33 PM
kel25 posted...
-Damien- posted...
kel25 posted...
-Damien- posted...
kel25 posted...
I would have to disagree about Japan making the best RPGs. Maybe in previous generations but they have really dropped the ball this generation.

Souls games picked up the ball and shove it up anyone's......who don't think they're the best

Oh you mean the most overrated game of this generation that wishes it was a WRPG? Yeah, I loved the lack of story, dull combat mechanics, pointless multiplayer, and waaaaaaay over-hyped difficulty.

I am seriously starting to think that the people that love the Souls have never touched a WRPG before. That is all the Souls games are, a poor WRPG wannabe that fails in every way possible.

don't hate the games just because you can't beat them

Can't beat them? I got the platinum for the first and never touched the second because it looked like more of the same trash. Hell, I probably got the platinum long before most people here even played the game. It was one of the easiest games I've played this generation.

don't lie, you wouldn't plat had you not like the game,

oh you didn't beat it on your own, you summoned, exposed glitch, farm...so don't lie. met too many noobs just like you in pvp
#38Devilman_AmonPosted 11/27/2012 7:01:59 PM
TheWarHorse posted...
Joke topic? Japan is barely even relevant at this point. .

Japan =/= Just JRPG's

JRPG's are on handhelds because they're easier and cheaper to make on them. Just like FPS are easier and cheaper to make for HD consoles Western game companies. This gen, companies have flocked to what is easier to make due to expenses of HD gaming and the economy.

Plenty of other games that come out and do well from Japan anyway:

Action
Adventure
Platform
3rd person shooter
Fighter
Racer
party
Horror
puzzle
Rhythm/Misc
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#39Devilman_AmonPosted 11/27/2012 7:03:55 PM
GenjiRed posted...
<

Actually many Japanese gamers thought Ni no Kuni was a meh game and it indeed is.

Opinion. Besides, as I said, give it a new coat of loli paint and costume DLC and and fanservice and watch the sales increase that was my point.
Then Shineboxer and TheWarHorse would buy it to feed their pedo fetishes
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#40kel25Posted 11/27/2012 7:09:18 PM
-Damien- posted...

don't lie, you wouldn't plat had you not like the game,

oh you didn't beat it on your own, you summoned, exposed glitch, farm...so don't lie. met too many noobs just like you in pvp

Actually I would take the time to get the platinum, even if I hated the game, if I had a point to prove. I did it to prove to all the people that the game is no where near as difficutl as people like to claim

I didn't need to cheat or glitch or any of that other crap to beat such an easy game. I didn't even know the game had such exploits. All you need to know is how to dodge and counter attack. Stop trying to make such an easy platinum look like some kind of accomplishment when it is a joke.

It's sad that so many people cling to such an awful game being good just becuase it had a Japanese developer. If it was the exact same game but made by EA I bet all of you would despise it.