This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are the main characters in most JRPG's teens or kids?

#21Nmilek1Posted 11/28/2012 5:38:52 PM
CooperRC posted...
Alltra posted...
I actually think it's because the Japanese don't get to have any fun after they turn 18. The only time they have fun is when they're school kids, and they look back on those times with a great deal of nostalgia, and try to recreate those "School Days".

Actually I do not think they have all that much fun in school especially "high school". It is not all fun in games as depicted in most anime. The "working" hours of a typical Japanese high schooler is far longer than many adults working in the US. Not to mention the fact that you have to actually pass tests to get into different middle schools, high schools, colleges, etc., and a lot of this determines where your place will be in adult society. The stress level is very high for their students. Not that this is a bad thing since much of the US school system is becoming a joke....

If the suicide rate among adult's in Japan is anything to go by that's probably like a party compared to the daily slog of very long hours in a dull office job.
#22majin nemesisPosted 11/28/2012 6:59:55 PM
coocoo4cocopops posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
huyi posted...
the japanese has a unhealthy fascination with schoolgirls and preteens :(

And the West has an unhealthy fascination with child beauty pageants

OMG, those shows make me facepalm so hard!

me too and in my opinion they are way worse then anime lolis
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#23servb0tsPosted 11/28/2012 7:04:14 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
huyi posted...

Most Western people will deny this, lol. but sooo true.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#24AlltraPosted 11/28/2012 7:18:08 PM
I also suspect that the Japanese are adverse to seriousness and intensity due to the horrific events that have occurred to them.

From earthquakes and massive floods, to Nuclear Weapons and Power Plant accidents. They don't want to feel bad anymore, so they try to be the clowns of the world when it comes to entertainment.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#25Mister_MuffinPosted 11/30/2012 7:32:06 PM
majin nemesis posted...
coocoo4cocopops posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
huyi posted...

OMG, those shows make me facepalm so hard!

me too and in my opinion they are way worse then anime lolis

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.