This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How far have you gone to get a trophy in a game?

#1CH3L0_Posted 11/27/2012 9:26:20 PM
I considered myself a trophy hunter for a while and got several platinums but lately life has changed and I don't see myself doing what I used to do when it comes to getting trophies. Now I just play games normally. So whats the craziest thing you have done for a trophy?

I remember in AC: Brotherhood online in order to get to the last level, I joined a group and we stunned each other for HOURS in order to get fast xp and reach the last level. xD I think about it now and I'm like "What was I thinking."
---
PSN: CH3L0_
Not changing sig until Left 4 Dead comes to the PS3. (Started 9-24-10)
#2AsuirPosted 11/27/2012 9:29:33 PM
Not very far at all. The only game I've actively tried to get trophies has been Uncharted 2, which is the only platinum I have.
---
Ftw!
#3Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 11/27/2012 9:30:14 PM
Grinding for Pure Blade Stone in Demon's Souls. Which can be the easiest trophy to get by just talking to another player and asking them to toss the item on the ground. Ironic that the most hated trophy could also be the easiest with some communication and friendship.

I was going for all the trophies in Lost Planet 2 but then I finally started reading the emblems or whatever and realized I would never hit #1 on the leaderboard. I had fun playing the game online co-op so it never really mattered.
#4KrustyBrownRingPosted 11/27/2012 9:38:40 PM
It took me 16 years but I finally got a bronze on NiGHTS
#5Mellerker38Posted 11/27/2012 9:45:32 PM
I think trophies are terible feature in a certain video games where it's can be difficult to get and lots of my games that has trophies that are glitched on me.
#6Ochd12Posted 11/27/2012 9:54:06 PM
I love trophies and I think they're pretty cool if you want to do something extra or get another sense of accomplishment out of a game.

I can also see why lots of people don't care about them at all.

I'd love to consider myself a trophy hunter, but I'd be the world's worst one. Just got my first platinum a few days ago. And currently only 2 smaller games at 100%.
#7MGS4SNAKEPosted 11/27/2012 10:18:17 PM
leaving my PS3 on overnight and all morning to get an MK trophy.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#8toastedmuffin89Posted 11/27/2012 10:26:08 PM
Gave my self an enema trying to platinum dark souls.
#9CH3L0_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:28:02 PM
MGS4SNAKE posted...
leaving my PS3 on overnight and all morning to get an MK trophy.

Ahh, the "leave your ps3 on" kind of trophies, I did that in Warhawk for hosting a server for 4 hours, came back from school and had a new gold trophy lol
---
PSN: CH3L0_
Not changing sig until Left 4 Dead comes to the PS3. (Started 9-24-10)
#10Superfly Jo JoPosted 11/27/2012 10:29:03 PM
I have 0 platinums. I refuse to go beyond the point of having fun to get a trophy. If it looks like a fun, interesting challenge then I'll try it out. If it looks like a chore then I'll pass
---
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Zelda: OoT, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Black Ops II