This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How far have you gone to get a trophy in a game?

#21SayoriaPosted 11/27/2012 11:24:25 PM
To getting a very, very, VERY sore wrist to the point of carpal tunnel with Toro! Let's Party!....... ****en game.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#22SilverShadow881Posted 11/28/2012 12:26:39 AM
I rented both Uncharted 1 (should have bought it, I know) and Alien vs. Predator to beat crushing and Marine's campaign on nightmare difficulty, respectively, and exceeded the price of the actual games on rentals.

I know that it isn't much, but those are the two hardest trophies of my life and I didn't stop playing, getting frustrated, and trying again.
---
Peelz
Isaac Clarke would be a killer in Playstation All-stars
#23FiendingHardPosted 11/28/2012 12:27:41 AM
Played Challenge 6 in Vanquish for over 20 hours to get the final trophy but I just couldn't beat the final wave.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Hell Yeah!, Final Fantasy 9, Diablo 3
#24BBQsRNeatPosted 11/28/2012 12:28:58 AM
Grinding turtles all day in FFXIII to get the Treasure Hunter trophy... twice
---
PS3 & Vita: BBQhaSugoiDesu
3DS Friend Code: 4124-5271-4806
#25flame030191Posted 11/28/2012 12:30:34 AM
MGS4SNAKE posted...
leaving my PS3 on overnight and all morning to get an MK trophy.

I did this to get mastery of Kratos.

Anyways, I think the most I've done is endured Black Ops's campaign on Veteran. not only so difficult it wasnt fun, I felt the story was extremely lack luster, even by CoD standards.

I also almost got the MW3 platinum, as I'm one trophy away (all stars in Spec Ops mode), but after getting it and having the rest of my progress erased, I quit trying.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#26DuranOfForcenaPosted 11/28/2012 12:38:14 AM
ZEXE posted...
I did every challenge,assassination, and vehicle theft in Saints Row: The Third for plat

Did it, wasn't so bad.

I did every ambient freeplay event in The Saboteur to get the Plat. It was something like 1400 total markers on your map that you had to destroy or, in rare cases, interact with in some other way. It was kinda fun though, especially after I got a Rocket Launcher.

Also, my save file for Skyrim was at about 260 hours when I got the Plat there. It wasn't particularly hard, though, it just took a loooooooong time.

And I did an entire second playthrough of Deus Ex to get the Pacifism trophy for the Plat because the sidequest with that undercover cop lady glitched on me in the first playthrough. But honestly I was planning a second playthrough anyway because of how awesome the game is. This just delayed that due to how pissed off at the game I was for awhile. If it hadn't glitched, I probably would have played it again immediately after I beat it.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#27djblackicePosted 11/28/2012 1:39:12 AM
MK platinum...but I loved it because it's my favorite video game series.
---
Modern definition of "video games" - a subject by which 30+ year old men (with children) can troll message boards daily to fulfill their empty lives.
#28MGS4SNAKEPosted 11/28/2012 3:34:21 AM
djblackice posted...
MK platinum...but I loved it because it's my favorite video game series.

WT......you platinum'd MK?......how can you do those x-rays attacks over & over with each character? I only mastered Smoke & half of Sub.
---
Whatever he hits?! he destroys!
#29TheRatedR_ViperPosted 11/28/2012 3:38:31 AM
I remember in AC: Brotherhood online in order to get to the last level, I joined a group and we stunned each other for HOURS in order to get fast xp and reach the last level. xD I think about it now and I'm like "What was I thinking."

this... but on BOTH systems
---
Latest movie review: Silent Hill: Revelation- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ZWrIc5aLA + Cloud Atlas- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLZ2yfovyY0
#30CH3L0_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:47:32 PM
TheRatedR_Viper posted...
I remember in AC: Brotherhood online in order to get to the last level, I joined a group and we stunned each other for HOURS in order to get fast xp and reach the last level. xD I think about it now and I'm like "What was I thinking."

this... but on BOTH systems

now thats insane! lmao, keep 'em coming! I'm still waiting to see if ANYONE platted Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
---
PSN: CH3L0_
Not changing sig until Left 4 Dead comes to the PS3. (Started 9-24-10)