This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

#11LeadPipeCinchePosted 11/27/2012 10:51:32 PM
and if you take away all the double sales for having to replace a RROD 360 those #s are even higher for P3 sales.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).
#12Golden MavenPosted 11/27/2012 10:51:57 PM
Not to mention all the "double" sales because of RROD. I tip my hat to Sony, I'm sure 3rd parties will know who to cater to next time.
#13SophisticationPosted 11/27/2012 10:54:01 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Not to mention all the "double" sales because of RROD. I tip my hat to Sony, I'm sure 3rd parties will know who to cater to next time.

C'mon... A lot of those sales were under warranty and those cannot be counted as "sales"... I am a sophisticated, savvy gamer -- A true sophistocrat. Let's be fair and be honest. Let us not sink to iniquitous tactics.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#14RayconPosted 11/27/2012 10:54:23 PM
LeadPipeCinche posted...
and if you take away all the double sales for having to replace a RROD 360 those #s are even higher for P3 sales.

Golden Maven posted...

Haha, wow. Something about minds thinking alike, eh?
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#15chiefofsb78Posted 11/27/2012 10:54:29 PM
Sophistication posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Yes, but xbox just sold 700,000 units over the weekend and Sony only sold 376,478 units over the week. It's neck and neck at this point, but even if Sony overtakes the xbox 360 -- Will anyone ever really acknowledge that they won this gen?

Xbox was released almost 2 years ahead of PS3 so yeah PS3 won

2 years? C'mon... 1 and a half at best. Sony released in Europe 1 and a half years after xbox 360's world wide launch. Don't think I'm hating on Sony, I love Sony -- I'm just being fair. A true Sopistocrat always plays it by the book and accepts the outcome that may come.

Ok 1 and a half big difference thats still a big head start and i said ALMOST 2 years
#16OtakuGameraPosted 11/27/2012 10:55:09 PM
C'mon... A lot of those sales were under warranty and those cannot be counted as "sales"... I am a sophisticated, savvy gamer -- A true sophistocrat. Let's be fair and be honest. Let us not sink to iniquitous tactics.

so where's the source for your black friday sales numbers?
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#17SophisticationPosted 11/27/2012 10:56:57 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

so where's the source for your black friday sales numbers?

True Sophistocrats are privy to Sophisticated, successful information. The websites and outlets will be releasing numbers tomorrow, so you can compare mine to theirs.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#18Golden MavenPosted 11/27/2012 10:57:00 PM
Sophistication posted...
A lot of those sales were under warranty and those cannot be counted as "sales"

I agree with you, they shouldn't be counted.

Sophistication posted...
I am a sophisticated, savvy gamer -- A true sophistocrat. Let's be fair and be honest. Let us not sink to iniquitous tactics.

I don't doubt that you are. I'm simply trying to be fair with Sony and recognize their success. The PS3 was the console of choice for us savvy gamers, and it rightfully was the most successful console of this generation.
#19chiefofsb78Posted 11/27/2012 10:57:30 PM
Raycon posted...
LeadPipeCinche posted...

Golden Maven posted...

Haha, wow. Something about minds thinking alike, eh?

I was gonna say that to Xbox got alot of re buys because of RROD a FEW was probably replaced by warranty
#20TelekiNoctisPosted 11/27/2012 11:00:01 PM
MS comes in 3rd 2 gens in a row..

Now we know why they call it the Xbox 360...
---
http://i.imgur.com/iJ8BI.gif