This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 (70.2 mil) finally outsell 360 (70 mil) as of 09/30/2012

#211HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/28/2012 1:49:47 PM
Xbox360 is only really popular in the USA

Hush your mouth child.

NPD say = 36 million
Canada = 10% of NPD (3.6 million)
Japan = 2 million (being very generous here)
Amount on shelves at a given moment - 1.5 million
Last count of Xbox 360s shipped - 70 million
Remainder - 26.9 million consoles sold outside of USA & Japan.

This is greater then the amount of PS3's sold in the USA. Hence PS3 does worse in the USA than 360 does in Europe.

Ben__Affleck posted...
Everybody here reassured?

Seriously. What's up with the PS3 board making so many reassurance topics daily?

Lack of killer exclusives and the poor ones bombing. Plus the main reason:

Ballmer is going to give an up to date 360 shipment figure at CES 2013. Which means as of early January, the 360 is going to be at 77 million+.

Sony stopped reporting PS3 sales figures 2 quarters ago, so the official PS3 figure is going to be at 70 million until the next milestone (80 million) so the 360 will be 7million ahead for the rest of this generation, so theres a 7 week period for denial.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#212Jinxey86Posted 11/28/2012 1:49:57 PM
It is honestly because the 360 market is big in japan, but not as big, as the Ps3 in that area, so I think that is what helped it out, still it surprises me due to how much cheaper the 360 is.
#213methosagainPosted 11/28/2012 1:50:46 PM
If the windows platform's main purpose was gaming I would, but it is not, but it was the MSX's so anyway you slice it is a gaming platform and is considered as such by ohhh I don't know......the entire industry as I have already clearly demonstrated.
#214methosagainPosted 11/28/2012 1:55:07 PM
Also small caveat but the MSX is in no way considered a PC, it is a Home computer, PC denotes that it is end user configurable and runs on a modifiable OS, something that platforms like the MSX, the Amiga, C-64, etc could not do
#215SuperMario1998Posted 11/28/2012 1:56:25 PM
This is what it looks like:

Wii

PS360
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#216secondhand1Posted 11/28/2012 1:57:39 PM
LittleBraver posted...

Most people I know in the states own the 360, so I am not surprise. I think it has something to do with Xbox live and COD. Most people who buy PS3 are not looking into playing COD or any FPS.

Three of the top five best selling games on the PS3 have Call of Duty in the title.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#217DynheartPosted 11/28/2012 2:08:08 PM(edited)
methosagain posted...
If the windows platform's main purpose was gaming I would, but it is not, but it was the MSX's so anyway you slice it is a gaming platform and is considered as such by ohhh I don't know......the entire industry as I have already clearly demonstrated.

My point still stands. Microsoft hasn't touched a gaming piece of software until 2001, when they entered the console race. It's all Operating systems and other odds and ends for PC's (power point, Excel, etc).

MSX? You can hold onto that argument all you want. If they don't make a lick of software for it, they are still gaming newbies. At least Sega, Nintendo, Atari...Sony...they all supported their hardware with games (1st party development). The MSX? You want me to take that seriously in a GAMING debate? Hardware, sure. But we are talking the gaming industry as a whole. They are the baby.

Hardware? I would say it's a tie between Nintendo and Microsoft (both came out in 83...it would have to come down to the months) being the first ones to make a piece of gaming hardware, between these three. We already know there has been plenty before these guys.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#218TheBorderColliePosted 11/28/2012 2:09:38 PM
A couple of quick observations:

1) LOL at using Wikipedia as "proof." Sony's official numbers state something different.

2) LOL at suggesting that people were buying 360s for the "DVD option" at the same rate that people were buying the PS3 for the "Blu ray option." DVD players were already free-falling in price at the time. Meanwhile, BR players were very expensive during the PS3's initial launch months. The PS3 was a cheaper option for many compared to simply buying a stand-alone player (especially considering the extra features it had compared to some other players).

3) I still don't understand why we continue to debate this entire situation. As I've said hundreds of times, even if Sony surpasses MS in sales, it will have taken them YEARS to surpass a company that was dead last in the previous generation.....when Sony had won the sales war in a landslide. None of that changes. Why are Sony Fanboys proud of the fact that their company of choice got trounced by what they call a "casual gimmick" known as the Wii? And why are they proud that Microsoft has essentially gone from basement dweller to what many now identify with when they think of video games in general? (Seriously....compare the number of Xbox references to other consoles on TV, radio, and in publications. It isn't even close. The Xbox brand is the "hip thing" right now.)
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#219TheBorderColliePosted 11/28/2012 2:12:48 PM
LittleBraver posted...

Most people I know in the states own the 360, so I am not surprise. I think it has something to do with Xbox live and COD. Most people who buy PS3 are not looking into playing COD or any FPS.

Three of the top five best selling games on the PS3 have Call of Duty in the title.

^^ This.

The notion that the 360 is somehow relegated to being a "shooter console," while the PS3 is somehow anything different is completely stupid.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#220AceAndJunpeiPosted 11/28/2012 2:13:05 PM
I can't believe how little this board has changed over the years.

That being said, isn't this exact topic made every few months and proven to be false each and every time?

Sadlarious.
---
Proud owner of Wii U, Vita, 3DS, 3DS XL, 360 and PS3